ANYONE got a pic of Lude Type SH wheels on an E? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: ANYONE got a pic of Lude Type SH wheels on an E?

houston
09-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I think the thin 5 spoke would look real nice.

any pics?

hope I made the old grump's day.

Sorry, I didn't realize how "offensive" I was being. Remember it's only the internet.

hownowcb
09-21-2004, 09:23 PM
While I thought your comments about carbon fiber hoods on Elements were amusing and to the point, you betray your tender age by asking the too hip question "NE one....?" It actually requires fewer keystrokes to type the phrase "Anyone...?", even on an internet-enabled cell phone! "Jr. High School" isn't a common dialect here, and when the cute abbreviations don't save keystrokes, it's obvious that setting a "trendy" image may seem more important to you than actually getting responses to your question.

My point being, while I was once young and thought myself "hip", it doesn't make points here to be artificially hip. Ask your question in English, and you might get some responses. On the other hand, the median buyer is in the 30-40 year old range, so lots of people here won't even "get" your question, much less have a link to "show" you the answer.

If you're not totally pissed by now, let me sincerely say I'm curious to see the wheels you're referring to, but suggest your odds might be higher on a more youth-oriented site.

Genom
09-21-2004, 09:34 PM
Ouch...that's really to the point, no apologies!!! :D

Anyway, I've seen pics of the wheels in question, I have "similar" wheels on my E...16x7 Maxxim 187...I'll see if I can scan a pic on my POS desktop computer and send them to my laptop.

Take no prisoners Hownowcb!

The J
09-21-2004, 09:42 PM
... but suggest your odds might be higher on a more youth-oriented site.

hownowcb,
Easy tiger, let the young fella' make his place in the community. We aren't age elitist here are we? I welcome your usually rather interesting and well put opinions, but lets not drive a new member away. This guy could some day have the cure for... windshield cracks or something. Oh yeah, and I had noooo idea what the hell this thread was about due to the coded title. I just click on all of them.

The J

Genom
09-21-2004, 09:44 PM
http://www.elementownersclub.com/uploads/files/marinaE.jpg
Thin 5 spoke wheels...sorry about the crummy scan, but you get the point.
Link to wheels site: http://www.maxximwheels.com/source/prodpick.cfm?big_pic=maxxim187&lineno=9

The J
09-21-2004, 10:08 PM
Nice lookin' E, makes me realize that I've got to start taking more pictures of mine. Just afraid the family will get jealous.

The J

Ps. They already are, a little.

Genom
09-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Thanks...got those wheels from the dealer since my E was inside on the showroom floor. All the other cars in the dealership had nice wheels on them as well.

hardguy
09-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey Genom, your E looks good with those new wheels. Can you tell me what size rims and tires you got and the quality of the Maxxim brand overall. I was interested in the Maxxim Creed. Thanks.

Genom
09-22-2004, 05:27 AM
The wheels are 16x7, I don't know the offset, but I'll try to find out. The tires are the original Goodyear HP's. The wheels have a nice finish to them and seem to be a good quality item. A little research shows that Maxxim is a division/subsidiary of Koenig, a well known wheel manufacturer.

Dasbear
09-22-2004, 06:22 AM
:lol: WOW! What a response from the Hownowcb . Here I thought he didn't like me because I had a Apple Ipod not a HP Ipod.

Just kidding.......

8) DasBear

dblair
09-22-2004, 02:24 PM
I was almost afraid to admit I "got" Houston's post as I'm a bit over the median owner age mentioned. Maybe it's because I also drive a 5th Gen Prelude. Anyway Houston... unless you have access to the SH wheels you might want to consider wheels like the Maxxims in a size that would allow a lower profile tire. The Tire Rack web site has a feature that allows you to view their various wheel offerings on an Element (you can even change colors!) and also suggests tire sizes that allow you to maintain the same rolling circumference to keep your speedometer accurate.

By the way, I'd feel better if it turns out Houston is over 40 too....

koffee
09-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Hownowcb you are a JACKA$$. Who cares how old someone is. Your reply insinuates that you are pompous.

Bald Eagle
09-22-2004, 07:10 PM
[quote:50f84916e5=" "]While I thought your comments about carbon fiber hoods on Elements were amusing and to the point, you betray your tender age by asking the too hip question "NE one....?" It actually requires fewer keystrokes to type the phrase "Anyone...?", even on an internet-enabled cell phone! "Jr. High School" isn't a common dialect here, and when the cute abbreviations don't save keystrokes, it's obvious that setting a "trendy" image may seem more important to you than actually getting responses to your question.

My point being, while I was once young and thought myself "hip", it doesn't make points here to be artificially hip. Ask your question in English, and you might get some responses. On the other hand, the median buyer is in the 30-40 year old range, so lots of people here won't even "get" your question, much less have a link to "show" you the answer.

If you're not totally pissed by now, let me sincerely say I'm curious to see the wheels you're referring to, but suggest your odds might be higher on a more youth-oriented site.[/quote:50f84916e5]
:lol: My God Colin, I love you.

Genom
09-22-2004, 07:31 PM
For those who want to know, the offset on my wheels is 40. I just used the fitment guide...it turns out it takes you to the Koenig site and shows you all the Koenig and Maxxim wheels that will fit your vehicle.cool. 8)

hardguy
09-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Genom, thanks for all the help with the wheel info. Yeah, I think the Konig brand has been around for a while so I guess they have to be somewhat good quality stuff. I will make a trip to the local rim/tire place this weekend to see them in person before I commit to ordering online though. Thanks again.

LEGO MY E
09-23-2004, 02:32 AM
nownow, hownowcb! :)

(Seriously Colin, that was hillarious!)

No houston and koffee, hownowcb is not a jacka$$ or pompous. He's actually made a VERY good point here! It takes MORE keystrokes to type "NE one" (Shift+N,E, Space, o, n, e = 7) than it does to type "anyone" (6). At the very least, if you were to type in Sentence Case it would take the same amount of keystrokes (7) and you would actually appear more intelligent for your trouble!

houston, you are very new in here, so please don't be offended. None of us can or should be taken TOO seriously! We are really a helpful bunch of people when we have our good days! :)

BTW Colin, how's that "Artificial Hip"!? ;)

LEGO

koffee
09-24-2004, 06:26 PM
No he's a jacka$$

Genom
09-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Hmmm, 16 posts and two of them are calling a well known poster a jackass...you're off to a real good start.

koffee
09-24-2004, 07:29 PM
I call them like I see them. Did he really have to give someone a hard time about shortning a word? Especially when everyone uses the term "E".Is it that hard to type Element?

Genom
09-24-2004, 07:35 PM
E actually saves alot of keystrokes, is also a generally accepted term for the Element, and doesn't look anywhere near as mental defective as "NE one".

Keeping on topic, the thin spokes on my wheels make cleaning the highly visible and quicky dirtied inner surface of the wheel easy to clean...damn brake dust.

hownowcb
09-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Don't anyone worry on my account -- I'm actually overqualified, and fully capable of being a jerk! But I wasn't trying to be one back there. I was just trying to clue a younger newbie into who actually owns these, and hangs out here. This ain't the Scion xB site! You know? That was all. I even said I'd like to see the wheels he was asking about, didn't I? :roll:

Even my close, personal "real life" friends laugh hysterically at me, and my insistance on using quotation marks and italics in internet posts. "You dork, Colin!!"

Yup -- that's me for sure! Who was it said, maybe six months ago, "He just needs to eat more roughage!"? Great phrase (especially spelled the "Olde English" way). I fell off my bedpan laughing at that one! (Why isn't there an emoticon for a cranky old bearded guy with a cane, and a cigarette dangling from his lips?) :evil:

koffee
09-24-2004, 07:40 PM
O.K. Im not looking for an online fight. Maybe I misread your intensions. I just did not understand why you would give someone a hard time because of their E-slang or age!

Genom
09-24-2004, 07:46 PM
I don't think there was a fight intended...just poking fun at eachother...I bet the original poster came away with some valuable information based on the pics of my Element with thin 5 spoke wheels ( sorta similar to the Prelude wheels he spoke of ).

Besides, arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded. :roll: :shock: :D ( reactions to suit you all )

Bald Eagle
09-24-2004, 09:36 PM
[quote:daab5983ab=" "]Besides, arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.[/quote:daab5983ab]
Now that's just downright offensive. Who do you think you are to belittle those poor souls who...oh, wait a minute...I'm sorry, it's actually pretty damn funny.

Now back to the wheel discussion.

Genom
09-24-2004, 09:44 PM
It would have been offensive if I attached the picture that generally goes with the statement...
As for the wheels, the open space between the spokes shows off how rusty my rotors become while stitting in the driveway all week...since it is generally a weekend vehicle.

LEGO MY E
09-24-2004, 11:52 PM
HY LL HW R U DUYNG? LOL!! BRN COW WUZ JUS HVN SM FN YALL! $0 JUZ CH1L 4 A SEC N WE AL BE PEACEFOOL!

CNSERV LECTRIZZT... CUNDENCE UR KEEEEEEEEE-$TROKZZZZZZZ!!! LOL ROFL ROFLMAO HEHE!!

LGO B "LEET"

houston
09-25-2004, 12:39 AM
[quote:317d1fb69e=" "]While I thought your comments about carbon fiber hoods on Elements were amusing and to the point, you betray your tender age by asking the too hip question "NE one....?" It actually requires fewer keystrokes to type the phrase "Anyone...?", even on an internet-enabled cell phone! "Jr. High School" isn't a common dialect here, and when the cute abbreviations don't save keystrokes, it's obvious that setting a "trendy" image may seem more important to you than actually getting responses to your question.

If you're not totally pissed by now, let me sincerely say I'm curious to see the wheels you're referring to, but suggest your odds might be higher on a more youth-oriented site.[/quote:317d1fb69e]

You figured me out... the "hip, tender aged, trendy guy" who speaks only the elusive language of the "Jr. High School"

BTW JFWY FWIW, and EYLOTI

Thanks for killing the point of the Thread.

-Houston. who thinks in "Jr. High Shorthand"

LEGO MY E
09-25-2004, 01:08 AM
I'm glad that you have a sense of humor, houston! Don't let go of it in here! You'll get tossed around in the rapids, dashed against sharp rocks, and occasionally you'll be at a loss for oars. My advice? Go with the flow and let the current take you out of the rapids! :)

At the end of the day though, you'll say "WOW! What a wild ride I had at EOC! I wanna do it again!"

We look forward to your future posts (hopefully not in "LEET" so us old geezers can understand you!) and welcome you to the club!

Remember also, if we KNOW the answer we'll likely post a helpful reply. If we do NOT, be prepared for some sarcasm! It's just how we all cope with obsession of the "E" and (in severe cases) "PTHDS"!

(Post Traumatic Honda Dealership Syndrome)

LEGO

:D

The J
09-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Thanks for killing the point of the Thread.

Wheels? We don't need no stinking wheels.

Incidentally, for future reference, it would have been most efficient to type ne1. Although, I still would have been lost, I would have said to myself, "Self, that there is one efficient poster." Since you have renamed the thread I guess this issue is closed though. Wow, my cat's crap is potent. I have to go scoop-n-flush that ****e.

The J[/quote]