Crates or custom cages for working dogs. [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Crates or custom cages for working dogs.

Nat
04-03-2003, 05:49 PM
I have two foldong crates that fit into my previous vehicle. I would have to get a smaller side door crate to possibly get two large dogs and two seperate crates to possibly work. There is always the custom route but I think the more economical alternative of two crates, side-by-side.

Black Elephant
04-04-2003, 09:00 AM
'Large Dog' is a relative term. I used travel with 2 Newfoundlands in the back of a Civic Hatchback with the seat laid down of course. We did water rescue and harness/draft work. I think your best best would be to custom make something. PLus a nice shelf on top since there is so much head room. Good luck.

LmentalMastiffs
04-07-2003, 02:25 PM
:lol: Newfies are pretty big.. But I have 3 English Mastiffs and a Staffordshire Terrier.. I'm considering the preverbal Seatbelts and teather them to the tie downs..

I have also figured out that 2 large VeriKennels would do side be side nicely... I do Mastiff rescue and volunteer with some local rescue groups too.. I also help out with Rescue Railroads that come through my area.. Now I can do more work with my new SOP E!!! lolol :D

If someone comes up with any custom ideas.. I'd love to take a look at that.. It'd be great to know about..

Kerr