Dogs and Elements [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Dogs and Elements

joemama
10-26-2004, 11:28 PM
It has come to my attention that there are severl Beagle/Element owners. This brought up and interesting question in my simple little mind. If you own an Element, and your family includes a dog(s), what kind of dog(s) do you have? Perhaps I could put/move this to the poll area of EOC if I get some breeds narrowed down.

I have a Beagle and a Jack Russell/Mini Dachshund mix.

What type of dog do you have?

mlwschultz
10-27-2004, 09:01 AM
We have 2 Miniature Schnauzers, both boys. Each one gets their own seat in the back (though 1 of them always struggles to sit on my lap in the passenger seat up front). If we take them swimming or for a walk on the beach they go behind the seats in the cargo area. The E is so easy to clean up afterwards!

bbq_dan
10-27-2004, 10:09 AM
2 BIG German Shepards and one little Cardigan Corgi. The Corgi is about 9 months old and kicks the crap out of the shepards. Pictures to follow.

bbq_dan
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Sorry for the double post. I found the pic quicker than I thought I would. Somewhere in this picture is a girl friend of mine who didn't listen to me and teased the dogs with something to eat.

She doesn't do that any more.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/uploads/files/thedogs.thedogsJPG.jpg

bbq_dan
10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Dammit.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/uploads/files/thedogsJPG.jpg

SeattleE
10-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Isn't there a thread just like this somewhere else??

Oh well, we've got a 2 1/2 y.o. Blue Merle Border Collie named Kirby and a 14 1/2 y.o. Dachshund-Spaniel named Nick...yes they do indeed make quite the pair...
There's pics of Kirby on here somewhere...

jesse

SeattleE
10-27-2004, 10:39 AM
http://www.jessekelber.com/kirby%20in%20e.jpg
Kirby

jesse

DOGBOX
10-27-2004, 03:40 PM
Beagle and Brittanys (3). All ride in crates.

boneheadz
10-27-2004, 03:42 PM
The Aussie is mine, the shaved Bearded Collie is my parents

http://www3.telus.net/boneheadz/element/photo/Nomad/Nomad/images/2dogEs.jpg

Bone

CSK
10-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Newfoundland... still need to get one of him in the E.

http://www.fototime.com/8C9BC79C9DBE919/standard.jpg

paulj
10-28-2004, 03:00 PM
There is a separate section of dog and cat posts on this forum. Also a dog section on Hondaelement.org.

paulj

brendan
10-28-2004, 03:36 PM
[quote:dbc8dae0df=" "]There is a separate section of dog and cat posts on this forum. Also a dog section on Hondaelement.org.[/quote:dbc8dae0df]

Paul, thanks for the heads up. I've moved this thread to the right forum.

-brendan

yoda13
11-06-2004, 08:42 PM
a four month old black lab and a black toy poodle

yoda13
11-06-2004, 08:47 PM
sorry, didn't mean to double post.

onarakun
11-07-2004, 07:55 PM
3 yr old male Akita Inu.

LmentalMastiffs
01-14-2005, 12:01 PM
1 Staffordshire Terrier and 3 Old English Mastiffs. The pics below are of my litter of Mastiff pups and my boy Atlas and his girlfriend Hunter (RIP).

Kerri

dublRD
02-20-2005, 08:01 PM
We purchased our Element yesterday and spent today driving all around town with our two SHIH TZU's. They enjoyed their first drive having lots of room to bounce about but we are concerned with their safety. So we are looking to purchase a couple of dog safety seats. Anyone know of any good seats?

Lombre
02-22-2005, 04:32 PM
A big Bouvier of Flander.

WeeDoggies
02-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I have four italian greyhounds (hey, why not - they only total the size of one medium sized dog, pound-wise). :grin:

I need to get a picture of them in the new E, but they are currently on display in my avatar.
:lol:

Appropriately, my first big outing in the E this past weekend was a drive to Connecticut for an iggy playdate. Yup, I've lost my marbles. :roll:

K9-Handler
03-04-2005, 07:01 PM
K-9 Phantom is a Search and Rescue Border Collie.

He's 8 1/2 years old. Very fast and intense worker (of course, he's a Border Collie!).

His "brother" Merlyn is a registered Therapy Dog who visits group homes and nursing homes.

Visit Phantom's co-workers at www.CCSAR.org.

Dang! I can't figure out how to post his picture. Help!

K9-Handler
03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Er-r-r-r. Never mind. I guess I figured it out.....

special k
03-04-2005, 07:42 PM
I have a dachsund named Harley who knows what truck ride and van ride means. We'll see if he can learn element ride.

KRATE BIKE
03-04-2005, 11:04 PM
Hubby and I don't have any kids, just two rescued English Setters, who we adopted from www.esrescue.org (http://www.esrescue.org) in the past 8 months. Kasey is 8 years old and Arnold is 9 years old. They are fabulous dogs with great temperments. Arnold is currently in training to become a Registered Therapy Dog. The setters love riding in the Element. We put both back seats up to the side and put in two large dog beds for them to snuggle in. Before the dogs jump up on the tailgate, hubby puts down a gray rubber-backed mat to cover the tailgate so the dog's claws don't scratch the plastic--he loves the dogs, but gotta keep that Element in showroom shape! The Element will also be used as a transport vehicle for rescued English Setters who need to move from foster homes, shelters, etc. When we haul a foster dog, they are in crates since usually we can not be sure how they will ride in a vehicle.
We actually discovered the Element Owners Club because of our dogs! We were at the Boyd's Bears store in Gettysburg PA in May? 2004, and had one of the dogs with us in the Element. It was a hot day, so naturallly we couldn't leave the dog alone in the Element while shopping. So I stayed in the Element with the air conditioning on. Suddenly, a man started rapping at my window and waving a business card at me--at first I was somewhat frightened as to what his intentions were, as I lowered the window a little. Then he excitedly said he was with the Element Owners Club and they were having a rally in Gettysburg, and that we should drive to the end of the parking lot and join them. When hubby came out of the store (yes, he surprized me with a teddy bear) we drove to the end of the parking lot and joined all the other Elements. What a beautiful sight it was to see all the Elements lined up in a row, and all the owners were friendly and enjoying the camaderie of the occasion. I joined some of the owners who had gathered in the shade, and my English Setter was a nice ice-breaker to these complete strangers. After a while, they decided to line up all the Elements in a row with all the doors open so that standing at one end of the row, you could see the whole way thru to the other end (about 15 cars total). What fun as everyone took pics of this historic occasion. We hope to make it to the National rally in Ohio, but schedules may conflict.
Enjoy your Elements and your dogs--"dog people" and "Element people" are the best!

Kay and Barry in PA

DOGBOX
03-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Kudos to K-9 Handler and Krate for all the great work you do for dogs. I don't do rescue work too much now. That's because I have a full house of our own dogs, and just can't bring add'l onto the property, otherwise I've always loved rescue work.

Search and rescue I've never done, but I do have a beagle who I trained to track. I was gonna compete with her, but we never got it down quite good enough. She'd hit the first find and just want to wait for treats. Smart dog, stupid me.

Anyway, KUDOS and keep up the great work--esp now with those snazzy cars the dogs get to ride in.

horseygal
03-05-2005, 07:40 PM
female olde english bulldogge (not to be confused with an english bulldog)

She's almost 2 a slim 90+lbs and her name is Winney

I dont have any pics of her in my E yet, the one is her in my yellow vw bug before I totaled it.

horseygal
03-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Isn't she a beauty!!! :grin:

WeeDoggies
03-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Finally dragged the kids out in the cold weather to take a couple of pictures of them in their new rig.

In the picture from the rear (the one that has so many leashes in the background it looks like a doggy bondage film), from left to right:
Francis, Edith, Walter and Roland
(respectively known as Frannie-Man, Edie-E, Walt-o, and Rollie-Baby)

Roland is our first - we've had him since 8 weeks old. The other three joined us from rescue a year apart from each other. I have a frequent shopper card from my friend the rescue rep. :P

They are normally crated in the car, but they didn't look to happy in the pictures from behind bars.

NHElement1969
03-06-2005, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=KRATE BIKE]Hubby and I don't have any kids, just two rescued English Setters, who we adopted from www.esrescue.org (http://www.esrescue.org) in the past 8 months. Kasey is 8 years old and Arnold is 9 years old. They are fabulous dogs with great temperments. Arnold is currently in training to become a Registered Therapy Dog. The setters love riding in the Element.

English Setters rule! :o) Have three of them myself.................little hyper, but lovable! :) I hope to do rescue, after our "old man" is gone-he just turned 12 last month, but in his golden years, doesn't do well with adult dogs.... :roll: they love riding in the element too, and I love the ease of cleaning it! :grin:

Hondamade4dogs
03-10-2005, 07:58 AM
WeeDoggie ??? Are those Whippets in the rear of the E ? :?

WeeDoggies
03-10-2005, 08:47 AM
WeeDoggie ??? Are those Whippets in the rear of the E ? :?

I have four italian greyhounds - they are a step down in size from the whippies. :) Mine are between 12-14 pounds, but I've met some as small as 7 or 8 pounds.

frogpond_1
03-11-2005, 03:48 PM
:lol: Funny to see minatures of ours! We have two full sized greys rescued from the track.

jimmags214
05-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Okay, I know this is an old thread but I'm new here and Murphy wanted to be on the list. Murphy is a 2.5 yr. old Goldendoodle. He loves the Element, esp. now that he'll be able to go to the beach more often. Gotta love an easy to clean car.

Jet
05-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Here are my Buddies, Channel a standard poodle and Snoodle a Westie. They would like to travel a lot more than I allow them. I always fear leaving them in an overheated car.

tango
05-31-2006, 01:00 PM
You have the "white set" and I have the "black set"
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/inkstudios/Little%20Bit%20Of%20Everything/p02.jpg
Standard Poodle Indi
Scottie Jet

jimmags214
05-31-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm gonna post these here too. This is Murphy enjoying the Element!

seeker
07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
1 Staffordshire Terrier and 3 Old English Mastiffs. The pics below are of my litter of Mastiff pups and my boy Atlas and his girlfriend Hunter (RIP).

Kerri

Hi Kerri. New here and don't own and E yet. I'm still doing research. I currently drive a Suburban. Plenty of room for my 3 English Mastiffs. My question is, can all three of yours fit and are they comfortable when you do take them all? Do they stay cool enough in the summer back there?
Thanks,
kat

oshan70
07-25-2006, 03:13 PM
3 mastiffs would fit if you took the back seats completely out. also, if you get an all-wheel drive, it will have the skylight, which will need to be tinted darker or have static cling shades stuck to it, or your dogs will be in direct sun in the very back...