Anyone using Honda Pilot Wheels on their E? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Anyone using Honda Pilot Wheels on their E?

bikerjosh
12-09-2004, 08:57 AM
I've seen a few pictures of E's with Hobnda pilot wheels and 235/70/16 tires; any thoughts. How do you like them. Any big differences in driving or road feel. I just got a set off Ebay w/20 miles on them, for a hair over $250. Just have to pick them up.

PVR
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
There are a number of us in Canada who seem to have lucked into Pilot steel wheels for use with winter tires (the lowest price quoted so far seems to be $35 ea). I don't have a basis of comparison to offer much advice about them however - I put my winter wheels and tires on when my E was 2 days old!

Although I didn't weigh them, the Pilot rims certainly seem heavy but the winter tires may have some impact on this. The OEM alloy wheel and tire combo isn't exactly light either. The fit was perfect (offset is the same as the alloys) and they certainly look better than the stock steelies for the E IMHO.

My winter tires are the same size as stock; the 235 section width you mention is certainly on the wide side for stock rims but, from what I have read in other posts, it should work okay. If your purpose is to use the rims for winter tires I would recommend a narrower tire - narrower is usually better for grip in snow in my experience as the wider tires tend to float rather than bite through to obtain traction.

The wider (and therefore larger given the section height) tire will likely add to the weight as well. In terms of handling differences, my experience with other vehicles is that increasing unsprung weight (in this case a heavier wheel/tire combination) may adversely effect the operation of the suspension. The difference with the tire you are proposing is probably so slight, however, that it won't really effect you.

ncelement
12-14-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm not running Honda Pilot Wheels, but I am running wheels off an Acura RSX. They are great and add a sportier look to the Element.

BigTzElement
12-14-2004, 06:09 PM
Pictures.....lets see them pictures...opinions likeThey are great and add a sportier look to the Element. are fine but I want JPEGs...hehehe

BTW...What is a

Hobnda

LOL

deckeda
12-14-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah, time for pix, ncelement. I didn't know the RSX had the same bolt pattern. I thought it was Honda's smaller 5-bolt pattern. Hmm, guess there's only ONE Honda 5-bolt pattern then...

ncelement
12-15-2004, 08:59 AM
I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

wli98122
01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Am also interested in others with experience with 15 inch steel rims from the Pilot on a 2006 LX... sounds like a good way to go: dedicated snow 215/75-15's on four Pilot rims.

Suggestions or comments welcome

Thanks!

W. Li

lizzurd
01-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Am also interested in others with experience with 15 inch steel rims from the Pilot on a 2006 LX... sounds like a good way to go: dedicated snow 215/75-15's on four Pilot rims.

Suggestions or comments welcome

Thanks!

W. Li

Actually Pilot rims are all 16". To get 15" you would have to go after market or look for rims from an Accord or CRV that might fit.

Farther
02-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I could be wrong but I believe that Bikerjosh has got aluminum alloy Pilot wheels which look really good on the Element. My only concern would be the wieght. Does anybody know the weight of the Pilot aluminum wheel and the Element aluminum wheel?