Tire question [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Tire question

SRLNCLT
12-19-2004, 03:37 PM
I've seen someone on the site with an all black E and he has 255/55/18 Toyo Proxes S/T's. If there are more of you, how do these ride? How do they fit? Did they jack it up at all cuz at the Les Schwab they said they are an inch higher and I don't plan on lowering my E, at least not now. I noticed they also offer a 255/50/18 at $4 cheaper. I think I'd want to spend $16 more, get more sidewall and i'd be alright with a speedo being off 4 mph. So, 255/55/18 or 255/50/18?
thanks
L.

hownowcb
12-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Opinion only - no factual basis for these comments, but:

Like you, I'd go for the 55 aspect ratio rather than the 50 for a number of reasons. One, fills the wheel wells a little better. Two, slightly more comfortable ride. Three, more "space" between your expensive new rims and some road hazzard!

I'm gonna guess you'll maybe keep your stock rims for some winter tires? It does snow in Idaho, doesn't it? 255/55's are gonna be worthless in snow at anything over "walking speed", you know. :shock:

SRLNCLT
12-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah it does snow in Idaho. Not enough though. I want to get up in the mountains and do some boarding!!!! I think this Element will be a great vehicle for our travels to the snow. Yeah, I do think I'm leaning towards the 255/55/18 cuz they will fill the wheel well more. And I've actually heard the Toyo Proxes S/T's are better on snow, but yeah I'll keep my 16's for the winter cuz they also spray crap on the roads that could eat my nice 18's.
Thanks for the input!!!!!
L.