255/55/18 proxes dropped 1" or 2"? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: 255/55/18 proxes dropped 1" or 2"?

SRLNCLT
12-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Will this work? I don't know for sure about the drop cuz of the whole AWD thing. I would probably do a 1" or 1 1/2" cuz reading all of the camber problems and I know that gets spending cuz of experience with my Civic. Are there kits that drop it 1"? Anyone have one? Did you need to do camber?
thanks
L.

nippoelement2
12-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Will this work? I don't know for sure about the drop cuz of the whole AWD thing. I would probably do a 1" or 1 1/2" cuz reading all of the camber problems and I know that gets spending cuz of experience with my Civic. Are there kits that drop it 1"? Anyone have one? Did you need to do camber?
thanks
L.
YOU CAN CUT THE RUBBER STOPPER ON YOUR SHOCK TO 1 INCH AND THEN USE EBICH SPRINGS. BUT A 1 " DROP IS SO LITTLE...DONT MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE. YOU CAN DO A 2 INCH DROP AND GET A CAMBER KIT FOR IT.
I DID NOT PUT A CAMBER ON MINE BUT IT IS WORKING FINE SO FAR FOR A YEAR. BUT ON SOME OTHER THEY HAD TO USE ONE BECUASE IT WEARS OUT THE TIRES.

NOSkweezePSI
12-24-2004, 01:40 PM
Don't be afraid of a little negative camber. I personally like it and when my camber kit comes in, I'm gonna make the front as negative as the rear. To equalize tire wear, just have the tires flipped every once in a while so that both edges get worn out. I'm sure its not the safest thing but it has always worked for me.

nippoelement2
12-24-2004, 04:10 PM
i have neg camber in the back but the front is just fine. it has not done much to my tire at all so dont worry. it is the toe in or toe out that will wear out your tire faster. but once it is lowered your e wont feel like it will tip over in a tight turn.