Anyone try Yokahama V4S(s) in 235/60/16 on stock rims? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Anyone try Yokahama V4S(s) in 235/60/16 on stock rims?

Chip
01-19-2005, 03:37 PM
If so, please tell me about how they ride, handle, and fit. Also, do they reduce road noise a good bit?

Thanks!

paulj
01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Did a search on Avid turn up anything? A search on Yokohama is also possible, but it would catch all the Geolander discussion. I recall some mention of Avids on the hondasuv.com CRV discussions, but they mave have been talking more about the Touring model.

Fit shouldn't be a problem. Other talk about 235/60/16 and 225/60/16 (mainly Kumho KH11) might give you an idea of how handling will change.

You may have to study all the other tire testimonials to see whether changing tires makes much difference in noise. I don't consider the Wrangler HPs to particlarly noisy. But some have claimed big improvements in noise, as well as in all kinds of traction. I would expect high traction tires to be noisy, at least in some conditions. And bald, poor tranction tires to be quiet, at least on smooth pavement.

paulj

tom schibler
01-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Search on Tire Rack's website--they have customer ratings on this tire. In general, Tire Rack is my first stop for tire info.

I have the Kumho KH 11s in this size--great tire. As I said in related posts, it is risky to generalize about potential performance btwn different brand/model tire of the same size or different model tires from the same manufacturer. The casing and tread design, tread compound of the Yokos will be different and they will behave differently.

Every manufacturer has good and bad tire models. Case in point--I thought the Element's OEM Goodyear Wrangler HPs were lousy. In contrast--The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 (specificity intentional--other Eagle F1 models are not so great) on my Porsche 911 are fabulous tires.