Aftermarket stereo install? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Aftermarket stereo install?

BB & Freaky-E
04-14-2003, 01:00 AM
Hey all, I am gettin ready to install all my goods, but I am hearing alot about speaker size. Is it 5.25 or 6.5's I just won some 6.5's on eBay and now I hope they fit when I get them.

Also, the ring that surounds the factory unit... I am guessing that it just pops off? I want to make sure, I don't want to break anything.

Anyone done a mobile video system? I am thinking about doing a mobile theater with DVD and surround with just one LCD display ceiling mount

HEGG
04-14-2003, 01:34 PM
I put in some JBL 6.5" s this past weekend. Just had to cut out the rear baffle to allow for the thicker speaker depth. I believe you can put in 5.5"s with a conversion bracket. Also with the 6.5"s installed the grill doesn't go back on all the way, but it is not noticable with daily use so I am not too worried about it.

Nate
04-14-2003, 04:39 PM
I bought a set of 6.5 MB Quart's. They will not fit into the factory position as the basket is much bigger than most speakers. The E makes it harder for doing high end audio. I have to custom do alot of stuff for my system. The speaker covers are cheap. I'm gonna cut mine to install me speakers and incorporate the tweeter and crossover right in the door.

Nate
04-14-2003, 11:10 PM
I installed the speakers. Here is a look http://ca.msnusers.com/MyStuff4Sale96/shoebox.msnw Go to page 2. Took me 2 hours to do.

BB & Freaky-E
04-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Nate, Thanks for the info. Those grills look great!! Don't want to be a copy cat but i might just do the same thing. Great Idea. 8)

Nate
04-14-2003, 11:53 PM
I put it on here to help anyone that has the same problem I did. I used a dremel to cut out the plastic. For my application I just cut out where the cover is raised. It worked great