BFGoodrich® All Terrain T/A KO -- any comments on them??? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: BFGoodrich® All Terrain T/A KO -- any comments on them???

fishpuff
02-20-2005, 08:00 PM
ok, so the nokians are like a needle in a haystack in southern california.

so i been lookin at some more common tires at costco like these:

BFGoodrich® All Terrain T/A KO LT225/70R16

Michelin® LTX M/S P225/70R16

Michelin® X-Radial LT P225/70R16

BFGoodrich® Radial Long Trail T/A P225/70R16 (apparently, they dont make these anymore though)

Bridgestone Dueler A/T P215/70R16 (these are the beefier ones)

so anyways, i might have to go stock size if i get them at costco (seems they wont throw 225's on) but if i do get them there, what do you guys think about these tires???

the BFG All Terrains look pretty mean n beefy, and probably what im shooting for, but i dont know much about regular southern california road handling. i do roll up quite a bit off the road to hit some streams to fish so i would like some tires that can handle some of that beating. but anyways, i think i might roll with them. let me know what you guys think!!!

paulj
02-20-2005, 08:19 PM
I have Cooper AT category tires which have similar aggresive square shoulders. This contrasts with the rather narrow tread width of the stock tires. I have found that their behavior depends a lot on pressure. At the pressures recommended by Honda, the tread makes full contact, and the steering is noticibly stiffer than with the stock tires. It is also noisier. Running several psi higher, lifts the edges a bit, reducing both noise and turning resistance.

I also suspect my mpg are down, though I haven't had a chance to test them on an extended freeway run.

I get good traction in rain, but I also sense more resistance to travel. This could be attributed to the wider tread, and the need to evacuate more water.

paulj

trickyvick
02-20-2005, 08:43 PM
I have dueler A/T REVO's on my Toyota Pickup and absolutely love them....they are what I plan to put on the E when I wear out the stock tires.

adreed24
02-21-2005, 12:24 AM
I have these tires on my Jeep Cherokee. Before these, I had Goodyear Wrangler Radials and Cooper Discoverer Radials. The BGF KO's are the best ones I have had for the snow, and they are also good in the rain. Never went off-road, though.

However, I have not had them on a front-wheel drive vehicle, or one with auto AWD. So, I don't how they would be. These tires a bit noiser than ones with less aggressive tread, but this only matters if you desire really quiet tires.

bigjus
02-21-2005, 01:43 AM
doublecheck that the duelers at costco are the revo and not just the dueler. i've heard great things on the revo, but not so great on the dueler. just my $.02.

paulj
02-21-2005, 02:33 AM
As far as I've seen, Revos only come in the 235 width (of the ones that fit the Element). The KOs do come in the 215 width - though not everyone lists that width (Sams Club does).

paulj

Ranger
02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
I've had the BFG AT/KO's on my Ford Ranger, a old Chevy Blazer and later on a Jeep.
Loved 'em on all three.

They are a little stiffer and make a little more noise (very little)
but there is nothing better for on and off road if you really drive off road.
My sets seemed to last forever too.
They were still on both vehicles when I got rid of them...wish i could have kept the tires. :x

MacAttack
02-22-2005, 06:12 PM
LOVE the BFGs - have them on my Tacoma. I'll be putting them on my E next time around.

AuSn
08-01-2013, 04:59 PM
any updates? I'm considering the BFG ATKO and the Michelin LTX AT2 and LTX M/S2 Thanks

Miss Ellie & Co.
08-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I have the BFGs on my E. They're great Off Road and handle heavy loads well. Good in rain too and will last forever.

Downside:
They are not quite tires and SING driving on pavement at any speed and take real getting used to.
At low speeds the tire singing is annoying and at freeway speeds there's a constant drone of noise, less pronounced but there just the same.
I'll turn the volume up on my stereo to compensate. :roll:
I knew all this before I put the TKOs on my E as I've had these tires on 4 other vehicles.

The Element has a flat floor and it doesn't have much interior insulation to dampen the tire noise.
This tire ain't for everyone.
Despite the ringing and singing noise I love the tire.

PS: I wanted to buy at Costco too but they wouldn't mount the 225's. So I went over to Pep Boys and got them there - got a good deal too.

AuSn
08-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Why did you want costco to do it?

Did you get 225/70/16 or 225/75/16?

I wonder if you had them siped if they would be quieter.

Miss Ellie & Co.
08-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Why did you want costco to do it?

Did you get 225/70/16 or 225/75/16?

I wonder if you had them siped if they would be quieter.

Costco would of been a better price but only mount OEM factory sizes.
So I went to Pep Boys and got the 225/70/16.

IMO - if you're not going to use these tires for Off Road and hauling heavier loads why buy them?
But they do look good and will last forever.

PS: I was concerned that the Elements stock struts wouldn't be up for handling the bigger, beefier BFGs
So along with the tires I also installed a complete set of Monroe Sensa-Matics .

Miss Ellie (The E) handles all roads well with this set up.
The singing noise is still there on pavement but that's a trade off I'm willing to make.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89360&d=1329888166