Dog In Back [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Dog In Back

Hondamade4dogs
02-28-2005, 07:49 AM
Abby likes it in the backseat :grin:

PVR
02-28-2005, 11:23 AM
My wife and I were just talking about how great this vehicle is for dogs. Our mutt (80 lbs.) LOVES the backseat. She can sit on the seat, stand on the floor, stand on the floor while sitting on the seat (!) etc. The E is basically a doggy limo.

She HATES it now when we put her in an ordinary vehicle.

DOGBOX
02-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Who has a backseat?? The whole rear or my E is filled with Varikennels, strapped to those really nice tie downs provided in the element, of course.

For those of us who would prefer to not have our dog become flying projectiles in the event of an accident.

PVR
02-28-2005, 11:45 AM
...For those of us who would prefer to not have our dog become flying projectiles in the event of an accident.

Doggie seatbelts work pretty well and are more practical than kennels for the larger breeds. For those of us who would prefer not to take up the whole back of the vehicle with an extra large dog kennel.

blackdog1
02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Doggie seatbelts work pretty well and are more practical than kennels for the larger breeds. For those of us who would prefer not to take up the whole back of the vehicle with an extra large dog kennel.

I agree, we use a roughrider harness on all of our pups.

bsdowner
10-18-2005, 01:05 PM
ditto for the ruffrider

http://www.ruffrider.com/

loufrankel
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Could some one do me a favor and post a picture of their pup in the E with a seatbelt restraint... I know there are pictures on the ruffrider site, but I just wanted to see how it worked in the Element, specifically. My dogs aren't too fond of my E because they fly all over the car (waterproof seats = slippery for 15 lb dogs).

E-vilqueen
10-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Lou -I just lay down a big beach towel over the seats to combat the slippery surface issue. They're big enough to tuck in along the back to keep in place; also helps protect the seat surface from claws. I have 2 Standard Poodles weighing 65 obs & 56 lbs, and they are tall, so the slippery issue was one for us too. If I take them somewhere today I'll snap a photo of them with seatbelts on the towel... though I am sure others will beat me to it!

PVR
10-24-2005, 06:18 PM
We will be picking up a new pup in a few days but, driving around this weekend, we realized that even when the little guy is full grown (he will be approx 17 lbs and 12" high) he won't be able to see out of the windows of the E!

Well, we saw one of these at the pet store and had to get it! Apparently they are called a snoozer seat and they look REALLY comfortable ( Maybe they have people sized ones?)

Anyone else used one?