Driving with sunroof out [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Driving with sunroof out

chimphappyhour
03-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Just wondering what to expect while driving with the sunroof out. What is the noise like? How does it affect mpg's?

seb
03-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Just wondering what to expect while driving with the sunroof out. What is the noise like? How does it affect mpg's?
It adds a little noise, but it's not bad. I wouldn't want to do eight hours on the freeway, but otherwise it's no big deal.

Couldn't say what it does to mileage, though my guess is not much.

jvacierto
03-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Ditto on the noise. As for mpg, I've heard/read that opening the windows of a car can drop the mpg down by 1 or 2, so my guess is taking out the sunroof would do the same.

SRLNCLT
03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
When this summer comes around, I'm just gonna leave mine out. I figure air will circulate in when its parked cuz I don't like leaving windows down, to many theifs out there. If it rains, O well. But I plan on driving with it out. I don't see how it could effect it that much. If it does, I'll just leave the rear hatch open :grin: j/k.
L.

booggerg
03-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Do you guys store the glass in the cargo area using that sunroof pouch? I'm afraid that the glass might crack in half when going over big bumps... how likely do you think that is?

SRLNCLT
03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Well, I won't be able to store it like the owners manual says by strapping it in the rear to the cargo hold downs cuz of my sub. I'll probably just end up leaving it at home or something. I don't know if it would crack cuz if it's strapped down and stationary, it should move too much.
L.

Genom
03-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Do you guys store the glass in the cargo area using that sunroof pouch? I'm afraid that the glass might crack in half when going over big bumps... how likely do you think that is?

I've had no problems with mine and I bounce all over these horrible New York roads. Besides, even if you do take a large bump and the sunroof shatters, its inside a nice zippered bag...no cleanup and easy disposal.:roll:

booggerg
03-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I've had no problems with mine and I bounce all over these horrible New York roads. Besides, even if you do take a large bump and the sunroof shatters, its inside a nice zippered bag...no cleanup and easy disposal.:roll:

until it rains 5 mins later... buwhaah