other tire choices [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: other tire choices

woosterpuss
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
other than those who are investing in 18 inch wheels, just about everyone seems to be choosing not only larger tires (which is always cool) but tires that are more off-road. such as BFGs and coopers. i have been trying to look for more of a performance all season. i am in the boston area so snow is an issue. i have come up 3 tires that will suit me. michelin hydro edge, bf goodrich traction t/a h, and yokohama avid h4s. funny thing is that ifound these tire while shopping for our 97 civic. they all come in sizes that would suit the e (imho). i thinking about 225/60/16. maybe even 235/60. if anyone has these tires, or were considering them, let me know what you think. i also hope that the rest of you will chuck their .02 at me. :cool:

Chip
05-20-2005, 07:46 AM
other than those who are investing in 18 inch wheels, just about everyone seems to be choosing not only larger tires (which is always cool) but tires that are more off-road. such as BFGs and coopers. i have been trying to look for more of a performance all season. i am in the boston area so snow is an issue. i have come up 3 tires that will suit me. michelin hydro edge, bf goodrich traction t/a h, and yokohama avid h4s. funny thing is that ifound these tire while shopping for our 97 civic. they all come in sizes that would suit the e (imho). i thinking about 225/60/16. maybe even 235/60. if anyone has these tires, or were considering them, let me know what you think. i also hope that the rest of you will chuck their .02 at me. :cool:
I'd run the Yokohamas in 235/60/16. Cheaper and better than the others listed. Won't throw off your speedo as much. I'm getting a set of Kumho HP4 716(s) in 235/60/16 put on today. They were dirt cheap from Tire Rack ($51 per).

Honu
05-22-2005, 10:04 PM
A bit pricey, but they pretty much meet your requirements....
Have you checked out the Nokian WR SUV? I like them for a good general purpose tire. And they look relatively tame. 225/70-16 Size is only a TINY bit bigger than "stock".

http://www.elementownersclub.com/uploads/files/NokianRear3-4.JPG

woosterpuss
05-23-2005, 10:38 PM
thanks chip and honu!
both your tires look great!
still undecided as i only have 7800mi on the e, and the wife won't let me get new tires until it's time.
lots more to thik about!

cheers!

ICHING
05-28-2005, 04:26 PM
I removed the Goodyear Wranglers and replaced them with P235/70R16 Michelin Symetry All Season tires. It drives like a different vehicle. No more hunting on the highway or hair raising turns on rural roads. It is sure-footed and comfortable as a car