New Tires Made All the Difference!!! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: New Tires Made All the Difference!!!

Chip
05-22-2005, 12:42 PM
My OEM tires gave up the ghost at 25k miles. I went to Tire Rack and purchased Kumho 716 SP4s in 235/60/16. Not only do these tires look killer, but they handle 100% better and are much quieter than stock. They were dirt cheap at $51 per and I had them dropped shipped to a local installer who charges me $16 per wheel for mounting and balancing. Highly, highly recommended. It's like having a new E!

paulj
05-22-2005, 01:08 PM
Nice to know that you like your new tires. However 'handling a 100% better' is not particularly informative. I wish there was a way of being more quantitative, so we could compare your new tires with other options.

paulj

Chip
05-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Nice to know that you like your new tires. However 'handling a 100% better' is not particularly informative. I wish there was a way of being more quantitative, so we could compare your new tires with other options.

paulj
Let's put it this way, the new tires don't squeal under hard acceleration. I can take the off ramp on my way to work at 50mph, whereas before I couldn't go past 35mph without feeling like I was pushing the tires past their limits. I am no longer afraid to drive in the rain and can actually corner pretty fast when wet. If I were to use car magazine vernacular, the OEMs would probably give me .70 Gs on the skidpad, where these feel somewhere in the low .80s. It's that dramatic. And yes, I know, I have no way of measuring it, but it really feels that much better.