Mixed driving tire recommendations.. [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Mixed driving tire recommendations..

kovert
06-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Here's the deal, I've read through tons of threads already and here is my dilema. I take a lot of trips back home, and it's about 500 miles each way. I'm in NoVA, and travel back to Buffalo, NY frequently. Now the weather there can be quite different, and during the winter, obviously the snow can be quite heavy. So I need a new set of tires that would be decent for all.

I also do go camping, but that is really the extent of the offroading adventures with the E.

Basically I am looking at a decent all around tire, that the wife won't complain about on the road. If it is too noisy, believe me, I'll know about it since she drives the thing most of the time, and I am left with my bucket for work.

Appreciate it..

BTW - looking into some duelers, the BFG ALL terrain (had them on a wrangler, loved them), and possibly either the kumhos or the geolanders.

BigTzElement
06-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I just put a set of BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 225/75/16.
I love them traction is incredible both on dry or wet roads and they have seen mud already too. I was very impressed. As far as road noise if noone is talking in the E and you are going down the highway at about 70 mph you can just hear them humming, between 40 and 60 they seem to be a little louder but still very quiet for such an agressive tread pattern. I have yet to have them be too loud and if you listen to the radio at all you can't really hear the tires.

biocube
06-04-2005, 03:36 PM
hey bigtz, any rubbing at all with the 225/75/16 size ko tires?

BigTzElement
06-04-2005, 04:24 PM
hey bigtz, any rubbing at all with the 225/75/16 size ko tires?

No...Nothing rubs. They fit great and look even better. It looks like about 1" more ground clearance. I love them. Here is some pics....More to come when I get the rest of the Eccessories on.

The first picture is before the BFGs.

BigTzElement
06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Here is a view of the back with the new BFGoodrichs.......

notice My "other" Honda by the garage.

kovert
06-04-2005, 05:56 PM
I really like the look of those tires. Any problems with noise??

I used to have them on a wrangler, but noise back then, you couldn't tell where it was coming from. I did love their performance and wear though.

BigTzElement
06-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Any problems with noise??

Kovert allow me to answer your question by quoting the smartest man I know....

As far as road noise if noone is talking in the E and you are going down the highway at about 70 mph you can just hear them humming, between 40 and 60 they seem to be a little louder but still very quiet for such an agressive tread pattern. I have yet to have them be too loud and if you listen to the radio at all you can't really hear the tires.

kovert
06-04-2005, 06:14 PM
DOH!!!

I just came in from installing my roof rack...still not with it...

thanks

BigTzElement
06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
No Problem

biocube
06-04-2005, 08:13 PM
thanks bigtz!

those look great. and i'm glad to hear that 225/75 fits so well.

i'm not sure i'm going for the ko, but i'm definately going for that size!