Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor tires [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor tires

Watchful One
06-08-2005, 10:19 AM
I am thinking seriously about purchasing these tires.
http://www.goodyearfortera.com/goodyearfortera/html/
Does anyone have them who could give me an opinion?
Thanks.
~Greg

elementariness
06-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I just saw the AD on TV last night. They seem interesting from the AD...but I guess that is the point of the AD....

Chin
06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
...at $177 each...plus mounting and balancing...plus tax...are you sure you want tires that cost S000oooo much just for a set of GY's????????

MTP
06-08-2005, 07:13 PM
I believe these are the tires I bought for my wifes Expedition last year.
I'll double check when she gets home.
If these are the tires, they are dam nice. Ride well, not a lot of road noise, good dry / wet traction. Handled fine in the snow and ice this winter as well.

I think we paid close to $200 a tire but the Expedition tires are 17s and a hell of a lot bigger than the E :)

Watchful One
06-08-2005, 09:25 PM
I have read great reviews from the Acura MDX message boards as well. The local Goodyear Dealer (here in small town Minnesota) is going to charge a little over $600 installed for a set of four. Besides some great reviews they have a 70,000 mile tread warranty and that is great for an SUV; and worth the extra money. They are also available in the stock size and other sizes that fit the Element.

yoda13
06-09-2005, 07:47 PM
I too am considering a set of these when it is time. I am glad to hear some experiences with them and would love to hear more.

gticl
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I can get these at $150 each tire, including tax, installation, balancing, and whatever needed.

Anyway, I wound go for Yoko Geolander G051.
$150 each is still too expensive....

civicway
07-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Going to have Fortera's installed on Friday.... 140.00 each installed. I will be sure to leave feed back on this site.

superheterodyne_man
07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I am thinking seriously about purchasing these tires.
http://www.goodyearfortera.com/goodyearfortera/html/
Does anyone have them who could give me an opinion?
Thanks.
~Greg

Hey...thanks for the tip! I've bookmarked the Goodyear URL and will ask about these tires when it's time to replace the ones I have now.

Your tip is part of what makes this forum such a useful one for us Element owners!

Nat
07-25-2005, 07:43 PM
I was told the Fortera SL (Silent Armor) has still not shipped from the factory. They only have the Fortera HL available. This is supposedly the same tire as the older HL model but with the armor now added in the new model gives the new tire the SL designation. This guy could have been feeding me line a crap about the SL's not being available yet. Great thing is there are other almost-as-good tires out there that are cheaper.