Tire Rotation - Where? How much? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Tire Rotation - Where? How much?

James_in_Baltimore
06-15-2005, 07:38 AM
OK, so the maintenance for the most part on the E is every 10,000 miles assuming you are not in the extreme category and you are using the best oil filter and oil. So where do you guys go to get the tires rotated? How much? It sounds like it is very important to do this every 5,000 miles and I'm coming up on my first 5,000.

Thanks,

MTP
06-15-2005, 08:21 AM
I plan to rotate mine at 5K as well. I will more than likely do it myself. I have not look in the owners manual yet, but every other vehicle I have owned shows the rotation pattern in the owners manual.
I plan to roll my E into the dealership at the 7.5k mark for its first oil change.
I am only waiting that long due to the break in oil. After that I plan to get the oil changed every 5k. 10k just would bother me, seems way to long.
I have never followed the 3k mark for any of my vehicles and have always gone with 5k changes. Makes it easier when you roll that in with the 10K, 20K, 30K (etc...) maintenace check ups.

James_in_Baltimore
06-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Yeah, it's possible I could end up doing the oil changes every 5,000. 10,000 scares me as well, but I figure Honda must know. The dealer told me to wait as close to the 10,000 mark as could stand for the break in oil though. I am curious wether a goodyear dealership would rotate the tires for free since they are goodyear. I suppose I could do it myself but it is a lot easier with a lift and air tools.

MTP
06-15-2005, 08:31 AM
If you go to a goodyear dealer (like Kramer or Treadquarters) you will be able to purchase the tire warranty including life tire balance and rotation. They will more than likely prorate it depending on your tires condition.

James_in_Baltimore
06-15-2005, 08:41 AM
I should call around and see what the price is for that and compare it to the cost of just paying for rotations. I know I will probably not get much mileage out of the stock tires no matter how often I rotate so I will have to take that into consideration.

lwclancers
06-15-2005, 09:39 AM
Costco or Sams does the same thing.

Cappucino
06-15-2005, 11:55 AM
you can look at the tire and see if they are wearing evenly or not.

no need to rotate if they aren't needed.

IMO

dblair
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I rotate tires religously(5000-7500) if I intend to replace them with a different brand/model tire when they wear out. When I land on a brand/model I intend to keep I try to get 2 at a time to wear out so I'm only buying two at a time . The newest obviously go on the front.

zanpakuro
06-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Dealer here told me $20.00.