Honda Element Owners Club banner

Where to mount my satellite tuner box?

904 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  gilmour25 
#1 ·
I just got the Sirius Starbase and have to mount the tuner box (see below, the thing under the remote) somewhere.

I figured I could mount it behind the glovebox... until I pulled it open (didn't realize there was absolutely no space behind the glovebox :x ).

So........ where would you recommend I put it?

See less See more
#2 ·
What about under the passenger side kick panel? There is a panel right in front of the rocker trim, below and to the right of the glove compartment.

When running the external antenna lead for my navi, I fed the coax under the driver's side kick panel (the panel with the hood release in it) and under the rocker trim...there seemed to be a good amount of space under that panel. I guess it depends how big that reciever is...

Its a long shot, but is there any space under the center console? Maybe it can be hidden somewhere below the E-brake assembly?

#3 ·
Or maybe underneath the driver console? Tough to tell how big the tuner box is, but there seems to be a lot of roon under there.

#4 ·
There is a bunch of room behind the side panel in front of the rear seats. You can run cabling through the rocker panels, I think.

#5 ·
Definetly look under the center console as Genom stated. I've mounted the control box for my cellular phone under there and there's still more room. It just pops off from the front and you lift it forward to clear the parking brake handle. I ran the wires to the cradle under the floor mat instead of under the E floor. Remember to check where your putting screws since it can be tricky drilling holes in that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.