REmote [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: REmote

bigguy74337
04-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Does Anyone Know If The Element Head UNit Has A Remote Wire?

eMass
04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
That depends...

Are you talking about an EX radio? And also, when you say "remote wire" are you referring to a wire for a remote control, a wire for a remote turn-on of an amplifier, or something else?

bigguy74337
04-29-2003, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry i should have been more specific :oops: , i did mean an EX factory head unit, and I was reffering to a remote turn on. I want to use the factory head unit, amp, and sub, but I want to add a extra amp and sub to supplement the 6.5 in the front. thanks for your help in advance! :)

P.S. I plan on placing the sub in the space between the front and back seats. the question is if I lay it down about what size of sub do you think i could fit there.

eMass
04-30-2003, 06:31 PM
[quote:f1fc0379f4="bigguy74337"]I'm sorry i should have been more specific :oops: , i did mean an EX factory head unit, and I was reffering to a remote turn on. I want to use the factory head unit, amp, and sub, but I want to add a extra amp and sub to supplement the 6.5 in the front. thanks for your help in advance! :)

P.S. I plan on placing the sub in the space between the front and back seats. the question is if I lay it down about what size of sub do you think i could fit there.[/quote:f1fc0379f4]

I believe the EX amp uses line level sensing speaker lead remote turn on instead of a dedicated wire IIRC. In other words, the apm turns on when it gets speaker signal.

On the sub, you can EASILY fit a couple of 12's in a medium sized sealed enclosure behind those front seats - you could do the same for a vented or bandpass enclosure providing your subs allow for a really small box setup.

You'll most likely want to face the speakers forward (towards the front of the vehicle) so the sound is not bouncing off the hatch wall and then hitting your ears - that would sound out of phase.

If you decide to put the box in the back, you'd actually want to position the speaker right in front of the hatch wall facing the rear of the car so the sound bounces quickly off the back wall and gets to your ears asap.