My new rear sunroof sunshade... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: My new rear sunroof sunshade...

Sheniferous
07-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I bought this (39" Model):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4559660249&category=6755&sspagename=WDVW

off of ebay for $23 plus $9.50 for shipping and handling.

I got it today and installed it in about 20 minutes... now I have a retractable sunshade for my rear passengers.

The only thing is I got lazy and used the self tapping screws to screw directly into the headliner... I gotta run down to Home Depot or something and get a more "permanant" solution.

I installed the "bar" at the rear so that it wouldn't block my rear passenger's head room or be in their field of vision. There's a bit of space left between the edge of the sunroof and the unit so that it won't interfere with the operation of the sunroof!

I just wish the material was opaque so I could totally block the sun if I wanted... I think I might modify the fabric on the unit so that it is totally opaque...

Okay, now onto the pictuers!

05BlackOnBlack
07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey, that's pretty sweet actually. I have one of those "baby" ones w/ the suction cups on mine so my kid doesnt get cooked in the backseat here in so cal. Im gonna check this out at the meet up in a couple weeks and maybe get one of these. Thanks for the pics Shen!

m3th0d
07-08-2005, 07:19 PM
So you have to screw the screen into your roof?

prior8t2000
07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Where is - or was it listed for the Honda Element?
I don't see it in there?
It looks good in you're "E".

Sheniferous
07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
So you have to screw the screen into your roof?

Yea. It came with self tapping screws that I screwed directly into the headliner.

Where is - or was it listed for the Honda Element?
I don't see it in there?
It looks good in you're "E".

There's a link to ebay in the original post, although this is the company that sells them on ebay:

http://www.magnalines.com/sunshade.html