Is anyone rockin' 19's on their E ??? Is anyone rockin' 19's on their E ??? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Is anyone rockin' 19's on their E ??? Is anyone rockin' 19's on their E ???

Gustavus
07-16-2005, 07:51 AM
I am looking into putting 19's on my E. A site I looked at had a diffrent size tires for the rear and for the front. Why? Can you run the same size tire on both front and back? I am looking at Axis Hiro's. Would I just be better off going with 18's and a 2 inch drop. If anyone has any answers to these questions or experience, I would appreciate the help. :lol: Thanks again, Gustavus

soopa element
07-16-2005, 12:29 PM
First off, is your E AWD? Most likely the one you saw where it has different sizes front and back was the 2WD E. Had it been AWD, he'd have his AWD kicking in when he didn't need it and it would heat up, shut down, after it cools off activate again. From what I see, I don't believe it is possible to run 19s in the rear with a 2in. drop. I'd say go with 18s. That's my opinion. :|

paulj
07-16-2005, 01:15 PM
According to the Axis site
http://www.axiswheels.com/faq.html
using different size wheels front and back is called 'staggering', and is supposed to give a more aggressive look. I doubt if he saw such an set up on an Element or other awd car. An 4wd Element needs identical tires front and back.

There has been a lot of discussion of larger diameter wheels, especially 18", with a few going to 20". I don't recall much mention of 19", but that may be because I have no intention of ever making such a change.

paulj

Box4Rox
07-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Looks like ~lilherc79~ did the staggering thing. I guess as long as you keep the ODí s the same you are OK ? (but no tire rotation benefits . . . ) There is a rear view shot on the link that shows a moonroof, so he must have the AWD.
:arrow: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15391

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a246/box4rox/lilherc1.jpg

paulj
07-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Matching the diameters of tires with different section widths can be tricky, especially in the large wheel sizes. Profiles only come in fix increments like 40, 45, 55 %.

paulj

elementology
07-16-2005, 07:53 PM
as a matter of gustavus i got the axis hiro's on my element. the tires are the same size all around so that answers your question. the tires are pirelli pzero's 245/45/19s lowered on eibachs... just what you're looking for!!! now you can see them on the element instead of picturing them!!! they're great rims!!! strong as hell and made for fighting the new york city potholes!!!

elementology
07-16-2005, 07:58 PM
heres a close up of the tiregap if you're interested.

elementology
07-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Matt!!! don't drool over them please... hehehe

Gustavus
07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Hey Rob where did you get your Hiro's and did you get a camber kit for the back. How much $? Thanks to everyone that had info.

elementology
07-18-2005, 09:12 PM
i got the wheel package at a shop in long island, ny for 2200 or 2400, forgot, sorry! i only needed the camber kit in the rears. i got them off ebay, heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33583&item=7971820318&sspagename=WD1V you definitely need the camber kit to make your wheels straight and prevent your inner tires from balding. you just have to get the camber kit for the rear if you're gonna lower the "E"! hope that my info helps. lataz!

ChrisD
07-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Damm Rob, your E looks similiar to mine, let alone that your Axis rims definetly stand out. My 55's take on potholes with no issues as well, something we have to think about in the north east... :rolleyes:

elementology
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
true that about the north east roads Chris! where you from in jersey? i go there almost everyother weekend. prolly see you on the road someday. nice looking e ya go by the way... nice choice in color, you got great taste... hehehe! keep on rolling that box bro!

DanzE
07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I put 20's & Eibacs on my E w/Toyo 40's. Unfortunately the gap widened a bit when I put a SPC camber kit on it. So I'm either going to wait until Tien or someone else comes up w/a lower drop, may be 2.5" or will go w/45's when my current tires' treads run out.