Black rims on a khaki element? opinions please [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Black rims on a khaki element? opinions please

08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello all,

I was thinking about possibly putting black rims (mwith a polished lip) on my khaki element...

Not sure how it would look though, and I'm not photoshop guy.

I think with tinted windows and a bug deflector and a powdercoated grill etc, the black/khaki would flow okay....but it's hard to visualize.

Any thoughts? or phothochops? :-D

08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
do u have a pic of the rims? I think it would really look good with tinted windows, but i would need an idea of the rims

08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
something along these lines

08-10-2005, 10:10 PM
What color are your panels? You have an LX so are they grey then? that might not look to good. If you have black panels it would look great.

08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Black would look good but....... this looks sweet to on the CK!

08-10-2005, 10:21 PM
or like this

08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Black wheels and a polished lip on a CK? Here ya go... edit:I changed the fender panel to the JDM style.

08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
hows that CK man

08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm liking that CK more every time I see it. There is one running around town by of these days I'll see it in a parking lot where I'll be able to get a good closeup look at it. Its a nice Earth tone and nearly everything goes with it.

I changed the picture I originally uploaded...I took the liberty of changing the front fender panel to the JDM style (which I want to get for my E).

08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I like the black rims; throw a Lund on that hood and you're good to go!

08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

all khaki's have grey panels.

I'm loving the khaki! But I feel I wanna be careful dressing it up, plan it well. Like I'm thinking I wanna go clear side markers and no ambers...but I'm not sure how that would look on the khaki.

Thanks for the photoshop genom, I lol'd at the jdm sidemarkers haha. Any chance you can make the wheels 'bigger' to look closer to 20's.

I like the chrome look, but was just considering the black because I really like black rims, but just not sure how it would come out on the khaki. If I had a NBP or a MM I'd be getting black rims for sure.... I think it might work with tint, lund, side deflectors and the black aries (sp?) side step.

I was thinking of buying' bc is me's rims he has for sale, but I'm afraid he's asking just slightly too much for them in their condition compared to what I could get them for new.

here is a pic a friend photoshopped to make BC's E khaki so I could get an idea how his rims would look on a khaki (a little too much "shimmer' from the original ssm but it helps to visualize)

That's one of the things I love about E's, every color gives the car a whole new personality almost, and then the owner usually goes a step further. I'm having a great time with my E.

08-11-2005, 12:12 AM
These look a little more like 20's?

08-11-2005, 12:31 AM
I almost like the black better on that then chrome and I am not a big fan of black wheels.

08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
These look a little more like 20's?

you da man!

One more request! could you take the pic I posted and black out those rims, just the spokes, leave the lip. and maybe black out the grill a la a black cloudrider or somethign if it's not too much extra.

08-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Something like this? The grille is a little tough for me with the moire effect that the billet grille causes.

08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
awe man....

I was counting on being able to talk myself out of black rims because it would look unusual on a khaki....

Now I don't know if I can, now that I've seen the photochops...

I don't know whether to be happy or sad... lol :roll: