Black rims on a khaki element? opinions please [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Black rims on a khaki element? opinions please

bonanz
08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Hello all,

I was thinking about possibly putting black rims (mwith a polished lip) on my khaki element...

Not sure how it would look though, and I'm not photoshop guy.

I think with tinted windows and a bug deflector and a powdercoated grill etc, the black/khaki would flow okay....but it's hard to visualize.

Any thoughts? or phothochops? :-D

Theelements
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
do u have a pic of the rims? I think it would really look good with tinted windows, but i would need an idea of the rims

bonanz
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
something along these lines

http://truckandrv.com/ebaypic/3012-2866.jpg

http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/3c/8c/fb_1_b.JPG

http://www.discounttire.com/product/wheels/mbmyum.gbm.ang.jpg

ChrisD
08-10-2005, 10:10 PM
What color are your panels? You have an LX so are they grey then? that might not look to good. If you have black panels it would look great.

rootyblue
08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Black would look good but....... this looks sweet to on the CK!

rootyblue
08-10-2005, 10:21 PM
or like this

Genom
08-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Black wheels and a polished lip on a CK? Here ya go... edit:I changed the fender panel to the JDM style.

rootyblue
08-10-2005, 10:38 PM
hows that CK man

Genom
08-10-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm liking that CK more every time I see it. There is one running around town by me...one of these days I'll see it in a parking lot where I'll be able to get a good closeup look at it. Its a nice Earth tone and nearly everything goes with it.

I changed the picture I originally uploaded...I took the liberty of changing the front fender panel to the JDM style (which I want to get for my E).

E-Freak
08-10-2005, 11:45 PM
I like the black rims; throw a Lund on that hood and you're good to go!

bonanz
08-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

all khaki's have grey panels.

I'm loving the khaki! But I feel I wanna be careful dressing it up, plan it well. Like I'm thinking I wanna go clear side markers and no ambers...but I'm not sure how that would look on the khaki.

Thanks for the photoshop genom, I lol'd at the jdm sidemarkers haha. Any chance you can make the wheels 'bigger' to look closer to 20's.

I like the chrome look, but was just considering the black because I really like black rims, but just not sure how it would come out on the khaki. If I had a NBP or a MM I'd be getting black rims for sure.... I think it might work with tint, lund, side deflectors and the black aries (sp?) side step.

I was thinking of buying' bc is me's rims he has for sale, but I'm afraid he's asking just slightly too much for them in their condition compared to what I could get them for new.

here is a pic a friend photoshopped to make BC's E khaki so I could get an idea how his rims would look on a khaki (a little too much "shimmer' from the original ssm but it helps to visualize)

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/bonanz-photoshopmecopy.jpg

That's one of the things I love about E's, every color gives the car a whole new personality almost, and then the owner usually goes a step further. I'm having a great time with my E.

Genom
08-11-2005, 12:12 AM
These look a little more like 20's?

Get04it
08-11-2005, 12:31 AM
I almost like the black better on that then chrome and I am not a big fan of black wheels.

bonanz
08-11-2005, 12:47 AM
These look a little more like 20's?

you da man!

One more request! could you take the pic I posted and black out those rims, just the spokes, leave the lip. and maybe black out the grill a la a black cloudrider or somethign if it's not too much extra.

Genom
08-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Something like this? The grille is a little tough for me with the moire effect that the billet grille causes.

bonanz
08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
awe man....

I was counting on being able to talk myself out of black rims because it would look unusual on a khaki....

Now I don't know if I can, now that I've seen the photochops...

I don't know whether to be happy or sad... lol :roll: