need to know how big I can go on wheels [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: need to know how big I can go on wheels

superelement
08-11-2005, 02:47 PM
What is the biggest set of wheels I can put on my E without having to lift it?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thx :-)

paulj
08-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Wheels or tires? Tire size is pretty well limited by the space between tire shoulder and the bell top of the front strut tower. People have increased tire diameters by about 4-6%. Wheels are a different matter - some talk of 20" wheels, but with low profile tires, the overall diameter may actually be smaller than stock.

Lowering is a real option; I don't think anyone has raised an Element.

paulj

superelement
08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Paul, thx.
Yea, I'm talking about wheels, I was thinking that 20" might be the max. I am a novice when it comes to this. Always wanted to customize my car but my car before my E required all the money I saved to be spent on repairs. Stupid Buick. That is why I went for a Honda. Now that I have a sweet car, I want to give it some sick wheels. I will eventually start to think about tires, but this will be after I figure out how big to go on the wheels/rims.
So if I wanted 22" I might have to riase my E or something?
Definately don't want to lower my E, I like the clearance(sp) it has now.

bonanz
08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
lots of people fit 20's. There is at least one E I've seen posted on here (he has a car domain page) with 22's.

I'd say 20's are biggest within reason, 22's if you're out of control lol

Genom
08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
I don't think you'd have to raise the E to cram 22's in the wheel wells, you may just have to get the offset correct and use a real low profile tire to avoid rubbing the strut (which seems to be the true limiting factor in putting large wheels on the Element)

Just to be silly, here's what my E would look like if I had 28-some-odd-inch wheels on it.:D:roll::?

bonanz
08-11-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't think you'd have to raise the E to cram 22's in the wheel wells, you may just have to get the offset correct and use a real low profile tire to avoid rubbing the strut (which seems to be the true limiting factor in putting large wheels on the Element)

Just to be silly, here's what my E would look like if I had 28-some-odd-inch wheels on it.:D:roll::?

no JDM side marker? lol

Genom
08-11-2005, 10:13 PM
no JDM side marker? lol

I knew I was forgetting something.

dj se7en
08-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Could have the best of both worlds..... 26's AND a lift. Gangsta!

dj se7en
08-12-2005, 12:16 AM
While we're at it......

superelement
08-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Nice one guys, oh you photoshop people have all the fun.

I like that you chose to shop an E that is the same color as mine.

I have always thought that nice big shiny wheels make the car so much better. I am defianetly going to put on low profile tires, so hopefully I will be able to fit 22's.

Does anyone out there know for sure from personal experience?

I looked at Tire Rack and that's a cool site if you want to put 18's on your E. But they don't have anything bigger than that.

You know the saying.....go big or go home! :-)

Genom
08-12-2005, 09:47 AM
If I remember correctly, there was one member here who has 22's on an Element...I could be wrong...I am almost certain it has been done so at least there is a glimmer of hope for doing what you plan.

superelement
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey,
I want to post a pic of my E, but I am having trouble. I've gone to manage attachments and tried to upload the file but it is too big. Any suggestions on what to do. I have a stuffit program but it doesn't seem to be working right either.

superelement
08-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks Genom! I hope so too, though I know I can put on 22's. It's just a question of if it is going to take more modification to make it work.

Genom
08-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Okay, I found a guy on CarDomain that has 22" wheels on his Element...its a start...here's the link. (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748658)

superelement
08-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Thanks Genom.
That Element looks cool with the big wheels. But they almost look too big. So I think that I've decided to go for the 20's.

Thanks to all for your help and advice.