Finally Getting a Dog for My E, Yippee! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Finally Getting a Dog for My E, Yippee!

NJLibertarian
08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
I have been dogless for 3 years, and finally the right dog came along. In 2 weeks I'm getting a wonderful 3-year-old German shepherd. I bought the E 2 years ago in part because it looked like such a great dog car, and since then have done a lot of driving other people's dogs around in it but never my own. So far the best restraint method for me has been attaching a tie-down to the metal things in the floor under where the rear seats are when they're down. That way the dog can have some freedom to move around but isn't in my lap. I like the crate too but since I often have my bike in the back, it gets to be a pain flip-flopping the bike and crate. I prefer both the tie-down and the crate to the net because with both of those I can leave the windows open and know the dog cannot get out. I can't wait to see my E, finally complete with a dog in it!

hiker chick
08-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Congrats!! I can't wait to see pics of your shepard in the E. :)

One of those barrier nets keeps my Gidget in the back area. I leave only one of the back seats in and that's kept flat with a beach towel on it for her muddy post-hike paws.

What a lucky dog -- a new loving home and an E for his (her?) carriage. What's the pup's name?

dia
08-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I have two elderly dogs and the E is just great for them. It is so easy for them to get in and out of. I had an outback before and it was gettingtough for the bigger dog to get in espically after a long walk. I put one seat up and have rugs down for them on the floor and they are really happy back there.