Beagle Roll Call! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Beagle Roll Call!

joemama
08-17-2005, 10:49 AM
It appears that there are a number of Element owners with Beagles.

So I thought that we could share a brief bio and a photo of our Beagles.

I will go first:

Beagle Name: Scout
M/F: Female
Position when riding in Element? Feet on dash head out pass. side window, ears flapping in wind, big smile on her face.
Dog thinks he/she runs the house? Yes.
Breeder/shelter? Shelter.
Beagle Weight control? On a constant diet of low carb food and now I give spoon sized shedded wheat cereal as a treat instead of actual dog treats. She is finally losing some pounds.

lae10851
08-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Sorry I cant include a current picture of Clyde - he hates it when we photograph him. It appears he thinks we are stealing his soul when we do it.

Beagle Name: Clyde
M/F: Neutered male (sorry guys)
Position when riding in Element? Sprawled out on back seat showing off his belly or big butt!
Dog thinks he/she runs the house? He wishes. (We have two other dogs including our Alpha gal Keetna - Australian ShepX)
Breeder/shelter? Shelter.
Beagle Weight control? On a constant diet of Natural Choice Weight Management, loves to beg for cookies - especially homemade, or doggy jerky/beggin strips.

(I love the shredded wheat idea - Clyde is obese, so I will try it!)

joemama
08-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Yes the key to the diet is SPOON SIZED Shedded Wheat. The regular stuff NOT the frosted ones. Scout tried to explain to me for days that she heard that the frosted ones were on the diet. Well frosted anything is not on a Beagle diet. She gets probably 10 a day. People at the dog park mention that she looks thinner and she runs and plays a lot more.

Before Scout would not run because she was fat and she was fat because she would not run. It's a bad Beagle cycle she got herself into.

Oh there is a good Beagle book my sister bought for me. It's called; "For Bea, The Story of the Beagle Who Changed My Life" by Kristin Von Kreisler . I stuggled with Scout for the first two years I had her. She drove me nuts! My sister knew I was at the end of my rope so she brought this book home. I knew I did the right thing adopting her after reading this book. It's a good read for any dog lover.

Here it is on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1585422223/qid=1124333271/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9451692-1044931?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) .

Scout with her sister Skip.

rootyblue
08-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Samantha
age 5
female
Sam runs our outside dog pin She is the momma of the group.
Out side dogs 1 Golden, 1 St, Bernard, 1 Beagle

Inside
2 Chihuahuas 2 cats, 6 hermit crabs 1 turtle 1 spider............

lae10851
08-17-2005, 10:16 PM
Oh there is a good Beagle book my sister bought for me. It's called; "For Bea, The Story of the Beagle Who Changed My Life" by Kristin Von Kreisler . I stuggled with Scout for the first two years I had her. She drove me nuts! My sister knew I was at the end of my rope so she brought this book home. I knew I did the right thing adopting her after reading this book. It's a good read for any dog lover.

Here it is on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1585422223/qid=1124333271/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9451692-1044931?v=glance&s=books&n=507846) .

Funny thing is Bea sounds so much like Clyde - he was in a very small cage in a county shelter for three months and was totally traumatized. He is still fearful of unknown people and didnt realize he could bark until we had him for 3 years. When we first got him, his happy place was in the closet with our shoes.

All of our dogs are shelter mutts. They have a special place in our hearts for sure.

hownowcb
08-18-2005, 01:23 AM
("Hi" Keetna - can't hide from me - heh.) :-D

BigTzElement
08-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Here are our dogs...

All three are mutts...Black one is a collie, aust. shepard and corgie mix

Little tan one is a beagle, cokker(misspelled on purpose for obvious reasons) mix

White one is a Aust. shepard and some sort of pointer and a chicken mix.

HeCam17
10-11-2005, 12:09 AM
We have a mix, beagle / basset.
Penny
13 yrs estimate since she was adopted from a shelter and won't say
Female
She rides in rear seat/drivers side, we use a dog safety belt to her harness or collar, with the other seat out and rear head rests removed- she has a 360 degree view.
See attached, she loves riding in her E.

Hondamade4dogs
10-11-2005, 12:10 PM
ummm Ham and cheese beagle,,,,,it is almost lunchtime ! :grin:

NuBluElement
10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
Rocky and Sabastien

ozarkcanoeman
10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Yup, we have dogs of assorted sizes, a Lab, Zach, one beagle, Susie, and one Rat Terrier, Tiny. Difficult to get all three of them in one pic, so here's three pics. Susie, the beagle runs the household. Her bed is on our cedar chest at the foot of the bed. So far, she's not crazy about the E, since she can't stick her head out the window. TW

joemama
10-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Same with my Beagle Scout she does not like the Element. I used to have a 4 door Toyota 4-Runner and Scout loved to stick her head out the rear window and one of the rear side windows. She really liked the rear window at stop lights. She would just stare at the people behind us at the light. Sometimes it would really freak people out. The thing is people could not see that her tail was wagging the whole time. Some people would actually drive around me at lights because she would stare so intently.

Joe Mama

22b22
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
It figures I'm not the only Beagle owner here.

I just got my E on Saturday and put Tommy in the back to see how he'd react to it. I put up the tailgate - he loved it. His head just fit over the deck... until I closed the hatch and he had to go up on 2 legs to get his head to the window.

I didn't anticipate that. Now, I'll order the Murdock full cargo mat (to prevent slip sliding) and some lengths to cover the sills around the back sides and hatch to protect against claw marks.

Tommy just loves to "GO", regardless of how or where the destination is. He just gets excited and bounces from side to side.

Enough of the E, how about Tommy? He's a mix of working and show Beagles. I got him at 6months old as the first owner returned him. Can you beleive they kept him in a cat crate and ran a daycare with all the kids poking at him all day long? He had major trust issues. He's 9 1/2 now and is really friendly towards people, but still has trust issues with other dogs (his rear end is a "no sniff" zone).

I need to take a picture of him now as he's grayed up a lot in the last year or so.

Here are some pics of him as a young dog:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/22benjamin22/Tommy/Tommy-Apple.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/22benjamin22/Tommy/Tommy-yard.jpg
he even listens:
"leave it"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/22benjamin22/Tommy/Leave_it.jpg
"speak..."
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/22benjamin22/Tommy/Evil-Tommy.jpg
(This one looks like he is is evil - I like it!)

orange crate
11-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Milo the beagle loves the element. He has dibs on the front seat (of course!)

DOGBOX
11-28-2005, 04:07 PM
This thread acknowledges that there is truly something special about a beagle--unlike any other dog. YEP, I have one (or she has me)--Miss Beagle will turn 15 years old in January and doesn't look or act much of a day over puppyhood in spite of the years.

lae10851
11-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Here's a picture of Clyde wearing his favorite Mardi Gras beads...as you can tell he doesnt like cameras!

kung
12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Maggie is five

She doesn't run the house, her sister, Keisha, an 18 month old labrador does!

She rides in my wife's lap, with Keisha and Coco (our 3 year old lab/pointer) in the back sitting on the seats like people looking out the window.