Newbie... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Newbie...

kittn511
08-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi I'm a newbie! I just purchased my E [silver w/blue] and have 4 greyhounds...I downsized from a Pilot & think this will be better as everything wipes clean!

~cindi in WA

PVR
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Welcome, I'm sure that your E will make a great dogmobile (ours has!)

Can I ask why you changed from a Pilot and how does the E compare in terms of power, handling, functionality?

Boxy05
08-31-2005, 04:53 PM
Welcome Kittn. Smart choice especially with the hounds. We have three of them and you're right . . . the E, after a quick sweep, wipes clean! Woohoo! :grin:

kittn511
09-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Can I ask why you changed from a Pilot and how does the E compare in terms of power, handling, functionality?

Well, we changed b/c I was SO tired of the car getting dirty--I do peformance sports w/my greyhounds & it's a huge hassle with all the mud & dirt! The back seats didn't fold down flat & it sat a bit taller for my 8yr old to jump in/out of... 4 greyhounds can be pretty rough on leather interior :)

I've only had my E a week...but it was simply going from a 6 to a 4cyl. so you lose some power obviously. I used to have a CRV before the Pilot & I liken the E to more of my CRV [which I loved]--ziippy around town, parks anywhere, etc. I do wish it had a few more storage places [or maybe not b/c that would allow me to put more crap in my car] & that the back windows were able to actually roll down for the pups...

I'm short 1 power outlet in the front but I do have a MP3 player/XM radio now which I didn't have before...The gas mileage is also a LOT better now in the E compared to the Pilot--I was paying almost $50/tank and now am back down to $35/tank in my area for fuel and still get about 315mi/tank so that's going to be a huge savings in the long run.

In the end I think it will be much more functional for me and the dogs!

campywilly
09-03-2005, 09:27 AM
hi newbie cindi :) enjoy your stay :)

aquamarine
09-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello from another person who is owned by greys!!! :grin:
I have 2 ex-racers and an IG. There is a toy poodle around
here somewhere too. Gotta love the doggies!!

fixmysound
09-03-2005, 11:17 PM
I too have 2 Italian greyhounds in my new E. Great car for pets.