Kayak attachment with standard Honda roof rack ? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Kayak attachment with standard Honda roof rack ?

ericb
05-12-2003, 06:21 AM
Hi,
I need to know if somebody find a kayak attachment kit to fit on Element optional roof rack. I should receive my element this week and if it's better to go with a Thule rack, I will cancel my optional Honda rack...
Thanks,

Éric :)

Swan Quarter
05-12-2003, 09:23 AM
My question as well. I have decided to go with the factory rack, the yakima 24h mightly mounts and my yakima kayak stacker. You might try the same set up with Thule if you already own a stacker.

I like the factory rack because it is quieter day in and day out because of it's design.

I don't like the factory rack because it is small. I used to carry two kayaks and two mountain bikes on my yakima. I am electing now to use a bike carrier with my trailer hitch when I need to carry it all.

How much are they going to hit you for the roof rack. Delivered from HandA mine was only $205. The dealer wanted $275 plus installation. I did the installation in 20 minutes. It's really easy. You might want to cancel that order anyway.

VA Plate Honda E