Evacuating the Zoo in the E [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Evacuating the Zoo in the E

SookiE
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
With Rita heading our way, being a CAT5 at the time and living just a mile from the last mandatory evacuation zone, we thought it would be best to leave. The dogs were having a blast. The cats were totally freaked out. (You can see Freeway peeking out over the tailgate) The bird (not pictured) just took it all in stride, even though he had to ride in the cargo van with DH. DH said he even sang a little bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/poohfairy42/Hurricanepics049.jpg

hiker chick
10-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Beautiful dogs, Sookie!

TheEGiRL
10-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Okay, This happen to me too but I had two dogs two cats and 3 goats I'll post pic as soon as i can so you can see lol it was packed but we all made it YES!!!!!!!!!!!

UnoKitty
10-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Here is my Kangster getting ready to go park on Route 148. We left Clear Lake with Kangster and his brother. In twelve hours, we had gone 40 miles. Took us 36 minutes to turn around and get back home.

We rode the storm out. Lost power for sixteen hours. Had a good time at home! While the boys like the Element, they like home better!

aristoBrat
10-03-2005, 02:38 PM
Oddly enough, "pet evacuation" is one of the reasons I'll be getting an E again.

The idea of trying to fit a significant other, a lab, a beagle, and two cats into a Jeep Wrangler is laughable. :)

SookiE
10-03-2005, 08:47 PM
hiker chick - Thank you :)

TheEGirl - Three goats?? I have to see that! Please post when you have the time.

Unokitty - Kangster has the same look Freeway was giving me. The I'm-not-happy look.

Glad you two made it through OK. We went to my SIL in Jersey Village and all we got was a really bad thunderstorm. We live south of Hobby and a neighbor who stayed told us that we never even lost power. :roll:

aristoBrat - That was one of the selling points I used on DH to get him to look at the E. He thought they were ugly at first but after looking at them, he came to appreciate the practicality of it.

Marigold
10-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Though I haven't had to evacuate from a hurricane (in Michigan it's unlikely) I've had to use my Element as a temporary ICU/kennel when the vet clinic I work at had a small electrical fire. I fit my 3 dogs (2 greyhounds and a Korean Jindo), a husky puppy, two nursing mom cats with litters, and 5 cats in carriers in my car. It definitely comes in handy!