CDs you burned - are they playing in the factory CD players? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: CDs you burned - are they playing in the factory CD players?

TheLusciousHellcat
05-15-2003, 09:39 PM
I was bummed to see that a CD that a friend burned for me will not play in my Isuzu Trooper's CD player. I've never been happy with my Trooper's CD player anyway. Skips or just doesn't play a lot of the time.

I wonder - is there a similar issue with the Element? It's a later generation of audio than my 2000 Trooper has, and one might hope that this problem has been solved.

This is getting to be a burning :wink: issue with me because I want to make a great CD to start off my Element experience. We're talking ALL the good tunes.

Probably first song on the first CD I'll play: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears.

If you weren't around for when that song came out, I just can't explain it. You'll have to take it on faith.

CincyElement
05-15-2003, 09:45 PM
So far the CD's that were burned have all played on my CD player in my Element.

isketerol
05-15-2003, 09:51 PM
The first cd I played was Emerson Lake and Palmer - a burnt copy as I try very hard not to have originals in the truck. Played like a charm.

TheLusciousHellcat
05-15-2003, 09:54 PM
[quote:9c3aa51ac3="CincyElement"]So far the CD's that were burned have all played on my CD player in my Element.[/quote:9c3aa51ac3]

VERY cool.

Let's see, I'll make all my good mixes --

Relaxation Mix - soothing for traffic jams
and
Pre-Renaissance choral works - in case I don't make it to church
and
of course
DANCE YOUR BUTT IN YOUR CAR SEAT AND SING ALONG LOUDLY Mix

Whee!

TheLusciousHellcat
05-15-2003, 09:55 PM
[quote:39444d246a="isketerol"]The first cd I played was Emerson Lake and Palmer - a burnt copy as I try very hard not to have originals in the truck. Played like a charm.[/quote:39444d246a]

Oh dude, I can't tell you how much I used to love Emerson, Lake & Palmer. I worshipped them. Some of their music has still held up pretty well, too.

jimr140
05-16-2003, 07:09 AM
All the CD's I've burned have worked. I do have a problem if I've put more than 65 Minutes worth of music. It'll get 'lost' at the end of the CD and replay the last song, very wierd. I do find that the slower I burn a disc the better. 12x max, 4x best. I also use data discs for music. All in all home made CD's work just fine.

Jim R

jdef
05-16-2003, 02:05 PM
They work great in mine, both in dash and in the changer. I use a TDK VeloCD, burning at max speed (48x).

Great choice for the first cd and song there, TLHC, Songs from the Big Chair is such a classic. You're right, it is one of those pieces of music that transport you to a specific slice of time in the past. Mine is particularly fun since I lived in Hawaii at the time... 8)

rodaniel
05-17-2003, 06:46 AM
I've had no problems with burned CDs. I've tried duplicates of full discs as well as converted MP3 compilations and everything works great. My Paul Taylor / Dave Koz / Richard Elliot jazz sax compilation never strays far from the E!

Macromonkey
05-17-2003, 12:50 PM
[quote:79832a8073="jimr140"]All the CD's I've burned have worked. I do have a problem if I've put more than 65 Minutes worth of music. It'll get 'lost' at the end of the CD and replay the last song, very wierd. I do find that the slower I burn a disc the better. 12x max, 4x best. I also use data discs for music. All in all home made CD's work just fine.

Jim R[/quote:79832a8073]

I would hate to say but....it sounds like more of a problem with how your burning them. Once I got my CD burner, i've never bought anything under an 80min disc....and i have yet to have any problems. I actually made car copies of all most all my "car" CD's (to keep the originals from getting messed up or stolen) I would check what your burning with. Normally i use Nero (good interface and it can doooo so much)

eMass
05-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Yeah,

I burn all my cd's at 40x with Verbatim blue 80 minute CDR's on a Sony recorder - no coasters, no playback problems, no compatibility issues - ever.

It just works.