How many dogs can you fit in an E? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: How many dogs can you fit in an E?

vicsrebel
10-31-2005, 08:38 AM
I spent a week in New Orleans helping with animal rescue. I spent a day in the ninth ward, saw the complete devastation, saw dogs and cats all over (they come out around 5 PM). I stayed at the Winn Dixie parking lot on Gentry and Chef Mentuer, which had flooded so was closed, no electricity but they let us set up an animal intake in the parking lot. I slept in my E!

I was able to bring home 8 dogs (all had to be crated) to be fostered. There was a Chow, a Staffordshire terrer, a Pit Bull mom and her 5 mos old puppy, two black lab mixed, a dobe mix puppy and a shepard mix puppy. I tried to take dogs that had little to no chance of being reunited with their owners. In fact, two were from a kill shelter (that we had to pay them for!) and two were owner surrenders.

If I didn't have the E, I wouldn't have been able to make the trip or bring home dogs.

spdrcr5
10-31-2005, 08:48 AM
That is really awesome of you to do that. :)

hiker chick
10-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Bravo!!!!!

Thanks, Vicsrebel, for doing so much for the dogs and cats!

:)

Miss Ellie & Co.
10-31-2005, 07:36 PM
I am grateful that people like you exist in the world. You are truly an exceptional person for doing that.

bsdowner
11-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks for rescuing the dogs! My cousin was re-united with his 14-year old dog after the hurricane.

At Camp Gone to the Dogs in VT last summer - we fit 10 people and 14 dogs in the back of an E for a short ride up the hill to the dining hall. It was too hot to walk :D