Why Element?? DOGS! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Why Element?? DOGS!

BoxyBluChik
11-16-2005, 11:30 PM
The main reason I am considering the Element is for my dogs and future dogs!
I want I vehicle that I can keep for 5+ years.

I have a Stratus now, no crate space. We have a 4 runner, but with 3 dogs crate/storage space is limited. One dog isn't crated, as she is 12 I am not going to start crate training her now!

So I am planning for 3 crates (in case 4th dog comes along!) to fit in the E, plus 2 people and their stuff. (one could be considered an overpacker!) Does this seem reasonable? I am thinking for road trips just for fun. We don't show or do performance. Although, I think showing would be a challenge, maybe sometime down the road. I.E. things paid off!

BTW, the dogs are corgis, 1 Pembroke and 2 Cardigan. The future corgis will be Cardigan too!

Just wondering!
Slobbers,
Katrina

hiker chick
11-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Since your dogs are small, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

This is the dog-E vehicle.

Now you need to post pics of your pups. This dog section is very pic-dependent. :)

BoxyBluChik
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Ok, will post one when I get home from work!!!
Katrina

DOGBOX
11-17-2005, 02:57 PM
What size crate do you use? A 200 or 300. 200's are no problem. 300's you are limited to three. Two facing rear hatch and one facing either side door behind front seats. You can stack 200's on top of the 300's if you need more. I've never stacked more than two 200's. My 200's are stacked on the rear 300's facing the front as I don't believe there is enough room for the doors to open if stacked facing rear.

I carry my larger males in 300's and the females go in 200's. Have dogs in crates, two people and weekend dog/preople gear with no problem. On occasion even added all the camping gear to boot!!!! Now that's REALLY packed tight. I utilize my Yakima LoadWarrior for x-pens on roof, and have a hitch-mounted carrier for tubs of "stuff" if I'm really packing EVERYTHING.

Between the hitch-mount and roof rack, usually we are left with just dogs/crates and ourselves inside (unless we take all camping gear too), which makes it easy to stop and walk dogs.

The Element is WONDERFUL for dogs.

bsdowner
11-17-2005, 03:57 PM
a friend of mine built a platform in the back - put two crates - Belgian Sheepdog size - on the platform. It leaves space for a 3rd crate behind the front seats. The platform allows you space to stow stuff