radio security code [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: radio security code

deadseamonkey
05-19-2003, 03:33 PM
I just picked up my element yesterday, and the radio code had not yet been entered, which means we can't listen to the stereo. Worse yet, the card that has the code was blank. And there was no extra sticker "hidden" anywhere within the car we could find. Since the dealer traded with another dealer (about 2 hours away), they don't have the original info either. They say they now have to pull the head unit out to read the serial number on it. Is there an easier way to get the code?

inspiron
05-19-2003, 09:04 PM
If there was an easier way it wouldn't be much of a theft deterant. I believe the dealer is the only one who can get it for you. I would pressure your dealer to fix the situation.

JeffFryYourRealEstateGuy
05-19-2003, 10:43 PM
my dealer told me it was on the card and on a sticker in my glove box
Jeff

RML
05-20-2003, 08:30 AM
Once you get it, the dealer usually keeps it on file with your name/ as well as other info. If you can't get the number next time, the dealer should have it. This time, you will have the have the dealer pull the system.

bengro
06-23-2003, 01:49 AM
in mine the radio code is on a sticker on he side of the glove box when it is open. no one told me about this i just noticed it one day when the glove box was open

isketerol
06-23-2003, 06:48 AM
I would imagine Honda America has the information as well.

jsc173
06-23-2003, 09:11 AM
The code is on a sticker inside the glove box? And they call that the "security code".

eMass
06-23-2003, 09:40 AM
[quote:ac3033ffe9="jsc173"]The code is on a sticker inside the glove box? And they call that the "security code".[/quote:ac3033ffe9]

Well, yeah. I mean Honda just puts it in with all the manuals, documentation and stuff and it's your dealers responsibility to inform you that those codes are in your glovebox so you can remove them and store them in a safe place.