Take your keys with you! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Take your keys with you!

dew
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Took my dog for a short ride to the city dump on the weekend to get rid of a few bags of leaves.... unloaded the bags, closed up the rear hatch, & on my way back to the driver's door heard that familiar click of the doors locking as the dog jumped up on the lock button. Lucky for me my wife was not too far away & came quickly with a spare set of keys... could have been a lot worse.

PhyrePhoxe
12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Your dog's plan was almost at fruition. He was probally trying to figure out how to drive the thing. You take him to the dump and leave him in the car. For shame :)

Toast R Boy
12-01-2005, 03:08 PM
LOL almost did that this weekend while camping. Left the dogs and luckily the girlfriend in the car asleep and went outside came back and the little dog jumped on the lock and locked me out in the cold. I beat on the window long enough that my girlfriend finally woke up and unlocked it.

hiker chick
12-01-2005, 03:58 PM
I have worried about that a few times. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bald Eagle
12-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Get caught once and you'll never do it again.

I had a (somewhat) similar experience on an LA freeway years ago. On the inside lane in stop and go traffic and somebody bumped into the back of me. Pulled onto the center median and got out to check for damage. No harm, no foul. As the other driver pulled back into traffic, I heard the familiar chirp and saw the lights flash...and the cell phone was on the front seat. Sh*t. An hour and a half later the freeway patrol got it open with a slim jim.

napoleon_E
12-10-2005, 09:11 AM
that happened to me last winter at a gas station
i had just dropped my wife off at work, and my cell phone was in the car. my dogs just kept looking at me. luckily the gas station still had a pay phone, so i called AAA. after 45 minutes i finally got back in!

Joe™
12-11-2005, 06:07 PM
You take him to the dump and leave him in the car. For shame :)
Exactly, he should have thrown the dog out with all of the other trash!

:grin: :grin: