Dog crate for a lab behind the rear seats? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Dog crate for a lab behind the rear seats?

Turk-E
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
I have a 24" x 36" crate for my lab. I'm considering purchasing an E in the next couple of week, and I'm wondering if my crate (28" high BTW) will fit behind the rear seats? And if so, will it fit without forcing a back seat passenger to sit totally upright? Your help is appreciated.

TE

DOGBOX
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
If it is a 400 size varikennel, I doubt it. I've packed my 300's (medium size dog) with all seats in, and, as I recall, it was fairly snug.

Blossom
01-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Dear E people with dogs.

I like your car its cool, my 92 Explorer is growing old, time to get something new. My tape for the explorer was 47 inches between the wheel tubs, what is it for the E? I have 400 crates too, and I can smash 2 together in my Ford, want to see if thats the case for the E. before making the big Buy.

Thanks for the information

kalinka
01-21-2006, 11:17 PM
No matter what you are going to have to put the seat upright.. I have a 30 and I am not sure if I can fit two in side by side.. You are going to have to pull a seat out to fit the 36 or move it sideways.. the height is no issue at all but the seats will have to be upright for this.

K

kalinka
01-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Go to the dealer and bring a crate, they are fine with letting you do that.. I did it.
I know someone that gets one 300 and a 400 in but not side by side.
Also it will make a difference if they are wire crates or airline crates. Airline crates have wider middle section.

Dear E people with dogs.

I like your car its cool, my 92 Explorer is growing old, time to get something new. My tape for the explorer was 47 inches between the wheel tubs, what is it for the E? I have 400 crates too, and I can smash 2 together in my Ford, want to see if thats the case for the E. before making the big Buy.

Thanks for the information