December 2005 EOC "E OF THE MONTH" [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: December 2005 EOC "E OF THE MONTH"

T Mac
12-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Our congrats go out to KVN from sunny California. He's our winner of the December 2005 EOC "E OF THE MONTH". Slick rims, new rubber, some nice components inside... sharp without going too far away from stock.

Here is just one image of his below, or you can simply check out this link for more pics and info:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19657

KVN
12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
WOW this was a big surprise! Its an honor to be E of the month on such a great website. Next up for 2006: HID conversion, sidesteps, interior lights, replace rear speakers, 10' sub, amp, and custom exhaust. Thanks again!

KVN

EVsPop
12-29-2005, 02:11 PM
Nice E KVN. Congrats on the Title. Love the DVD in dash. What are the make and model of those rims? they look good.-Chris

kissya
12-29-2005, 02:29 PM
:D Congrats KVN. Still Love your Lunch Box.. Hard work pays off.:grin:

STIXOUT
12-30-2005, 08:05 PM
hey, who votes on the E of the month? Whomever it is must be getting paid on the side for their vote on the dirty, NON detailed E of december.

Common! is this what the best of the best looks like?

I cant believe an engine area that DIRTY and not detailed can be awarded EOM.

What about the tires? Ever use protectants to make em shine? Why does this not matter to the site voters?

Maybe this attitude on the site is why when I went to a EOC meeting in Torrance Ca, there were vehicles that were HOSED off and still WET when they showed up for the club meeting.

Where are the higher standards for E of the month?

hiker chick
12-30-2005, 08:23 PM
hey, who votes on the E of the month? Whomever it is must be getting paid on the side for their vote on the dirty, NON detailed E of december.

What about the tires? Ever use protectants to make em shine? Why does this not matter to the site voters?

Maybe this attitude on the site is why when I went to a EOC meeting in Torrance Ca, there were vehicles that were HOSED off and still WET when they showed up for the club meeting.

My Element is presently filthy and, I think, emblematic of the E. Especially the dog hairs adhering to the back seats.

Congrats, KVN! Some great mods. :)

ADAMLSTL
12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
Our congrats go out to KVN from sunny California. He's our winner of the December 2005 EOC "E OF THE MONTH". Slick rims, new rubber, some nice components inside... sharp without going too far away from stock.

Here is just one image of his below, or you can simply check out this link for more pics and info:
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19657

It is very nice. Cool blue...

KVN
12-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Hey no offense taken. I just posted my pix up in the image gallery as an update. I also stated that its been raining a lot here in CA and the pix were just taken to show off the dvd/gps. Its not worth washing my car here when it rains almost every other day. Posted way better pix of my E but they were all erased when the site went down. I didn't post my E to get E of the month but I think the concept of what I have done to my car shows. Although dirty, the car still looks dope imo. I am planning to take way better pix of the E in action this today and this weekend, but because of the weather, it is still on hold.
KVN

yamone
12-30-2005, 09:18 PM
congrates KVN nice looking ride

Mark

T Mac
12-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Note to STIXOUT - grow up! Instead of sending congrats to KVN, you have to whine about not being selected. You're new to the EOC, so don't say anything about an "attitude" of this site because you have ZERO idea what our attitude might be. Nor would you have any idea what projects are underway to make EOC even better (including an all-new EOTM feature in 06). So, as I said in my PM to you already... keep your complaints to yourself.

You've continually posted unpaid ads on this site, so instead of slamming me and the EOC, you should be thankful to still have an active account.

Happy New Year :)

BigTzElement
12-31-2005, 12:46 AM
I agree with Tmac....

bad form for not getting the congrats out there first then if you have some constructive criticism, not just flaming we would be glad to listen to it.

BTW....Sweet ride KVN and Congorats on the EoTM.

breitlingdj
01-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Nice work KVN. Congrats!

THis time of year, everyones E has to be a tad dirty. I agree with Hiker Chick on this one.

BOXER
01-03-2006, 10:20 PM

My E was one of the ones that looked wet with "new gunk" on the tires and wheels. The wet look was because it was rained on when I was going to the meet. The stuff on the tires were because I just had put on a new set of shoes on the E. It usually does not look that way ask the other So Cal Members.

Give the people from so cal meet a break, we had scattered showers that day.

I do agree with you that when you post to show off your vehicle it has to look clean. Not the best choice for the E of the month looking like that. As far as the Mods, Im cool with it.

spdrcr5
01-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Who ever said the E of the Month has to be pristine in appearance for the pictures? What if the EOTM was chosen covered in mud, would some of you complain about that as well? What if the E was driving offroad and the pictures were taken there?

Who cares how "clean" the E looks so long as a typical or special Element is chosen? This isn't a "trailer queen" competition, it is a fun thing for a dozen people/year to be chosen as having a nice Element that represents the broad interests of the membership.

If anyone has an issue with who is chosen then send T Mac or me an email and we would be more than willing to discuss this in a rational manner, without name calling and other comments that are completely uncalled for and out of line.

Why ruin this for KVN? What satisfaction do some of you get out of this?

Any other questions or comments?

ADAMLSTL
01-04-2006, 12:09 AM
These are trucks not sports cars. I am 4 the dirt.... :D

BOXER
01-04-2006, 12:32 AM
Not trying to ruin KVN's Moment. His mods are great but the car could use a little detail. Sorry if I offended anyone especially KVN.

"The E is not a sports car, its a truck" Lets not go there.

spdrcr5
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Not trying to ruin KVN's Moment. His mods are great but the car could use a little detail. Sorry if I offended anyone especially KVN.

"The E is not a sports car, its a truck" Lets not go there.

My comment wasn't directed as much at you as Stixout.

Box4Rox
01-04-2006, 01:24 AM
My E was one of the ones that looked wet . . .

I confess . . . so was mine :-( (My dog chewed the top off an Arrowhead bottle on the way out and dumped 20 oz of agua pura all over the interior which probably ran out the doors when I opened them . . . )

Congrats KVN !!

:)

hiker chick
01-05-2006, 11:00 AM
I confess . . . so was mine :-( (My dog chewed the top off an Arrowhead bottle on the way out and dumped 20 oz of agua pura all over the interior which probably ran out the doors when I opened them . . . )

Congrats KVN !!

LOL - so not only do you need an indestructible dog toy now you need an indestructible water bottle.

Thermos makes a titanium bottle -- $130.

re: the appropriate E of the Month presentation, I've decided I am going to nominate myself just as soon as I find a massive mud puddle to drive through.

With my crystal blue Miata I was the poster girl for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (i.e. "Zaino Zealout"). I Zaino the Element but with the Loadwarrior basket, perpetually hitch-mounted bike rack and dog paw window decals, it really does not look fully dressed unless it has a thick coat of grime on it.

It speaks to the E's broad appeal and utility if one pristine street-oriented E-of-the-Month is followed by an outdoor enthusiast's E-of-the-month caked to the roof in mud and photographed out in the boonies.

This dichotomy does not exist in Miatadom.

P.S. Congrats again, KVN. I hope this discussion has not detracted from your achievement.

Ranger
01-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Congrats KVN!

I'm with you on the weather issues.
But it's gettin up to about 80 today so no more excuses.
Get out there!!!

:grin:

AnthonyNOFX
04-08-2009, 09:58 PM
wat kinda rims are those???? there awesome