dog slobber [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: dog slobber

Skruffy
02-05-2006, 04:55 AM
We have a Great Dane and Mastiff. Whenever we take them in the car they get real excited and slobber on the seats and plastic below the windows. Does anyone have a secret for getting it off of these two places?

wankerklink
02-05-2006, 05:50 AM
A mild solution of soap and water is what's recommended for the seats. I would use the same on the sides.

tessa
02-05-2006, 01:30 PM
You have a Mastiff and do not already have a tried-and-true potion for slobber eradication?!? :shock: FWIW, besides the basic mild soap and water recommended by Honda and the previous poster, I find that occasional gentle use of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (uses only a bit of water) and maybe 3-4x/year ArmourAll cleaner (not the finish stuff) on the plastic helps to keep Pug-snort from imbedding itself. Has helped to keep my interiors looking nearly new in my four Hondas so far.
HTH
Tess

trickyvick
02-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I always carry my damnnation in the back of my pickup...she does not ride in the element.....I sometimes don't want the kids in there.....lol.

hiker chick
02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
A damp hand towel does the trick for my Samoyed's slobber. She gets the suicide doors pretty goopy.