Addicted to Clif Bars? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Addicted to Clif Bars?

rhythm_ace
02-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey, is it just me or are they fantastic? My personal faves are PB Chocolate Chip, Carrot Cake, and Oatmeal Raisin Walnut.

Totin' Notes
02-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I have one most days for breakfast. I keep a stash of them in the desk drawer at work.

Not only are the bars yummy, Clif is a cool company in general. One of the few "values led" companies that hasn't sold out to some big corporation.

(I'm a fan of Black Cherry Almond and Chocolate Brownie.)

- Jeff

rhythm_ace
02-18-2006, 10:15 PM
BTW, for those of you who may have never seen them, you can get them at Target, some Wal Marts, Walgreens, and many supermarkets. Amazon also sells them...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/ref=br_ss_hs/103-5489424-1585419?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=Clif+Bar

There are lots of varieties I've never seen in person, so I've never tried them. But it looks like if you order $25 worth, they'll ship them free. Order $49 and they'll also give you a $20 "promotional" certificate. The way I go through them, it might be worth it.

Junebug
02-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm more of a Luna Bar person myself ... Nutz Over Chocolate, any day of the week!

rhythm_ace
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Clif makes Luna, right? I had one...Pecan Pie or something? Really good! But then I realized they might turn me into a girly man or something, so I stopped.

Junebug
02-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, they were established by "the women of Clif." And I'm sure you don't want to be a girlie man ... so it's a good thing you stopped. :grin: I'm a big fan of the crisped rice stuff inside 'em, so I prefer them to Clif in general.

I'm going to keep my eyes open for the new Cookies and Cream Delight!

rhythm_ace
02-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Watch, there will be a news report that they're addictive because they contain trace amounts of heroin or something :shock:

Ooh, I notice on Amazon they have Dulce de Leche Luna bars. Wonder if it's as rich and carmelly as the name implies. Yow!

Junebug
02-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Dulce de Leche Luna bars. Wonder if it's as rich and carmelly as the name implies. Yow!

Yes, rich, caramel-y, and distinctly FEMININE. It'll make ya dress like a woman. Don't do it ...

(just kidding ... haven't even tried that one ... now back to your regularly scheduled programming)

rhythm_ace
02-18-2006, 11:07 PM
The mere fact that I would use the word "carmelly" left me feeling a little girlie. Time to kill that screen. Poof!

Wonder if they'll ever make Budweiser flavor. [laughs manly laugh].

Junebug
02-18-2006, 11:32 PM
[laughs manly laugh].

Haha ... let's see if Kissya responds ... then you'll be restored to full manliness. :rolleyes:

spdrcr5
02-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Never liked Clif Bars, much prefer Power Bars, not the originals though, I like their Harvest Bars, yummy :)

chimphappyhour
02-19-2006, 07:57 AM
I used to like them. I always had them in my climbing packs as my main source of food while on the go. While on one small mountain, I didn't adjust right and ended up puking carrot cake up. For some reason, getting sick at altitude always kills my love of what I'm eating on that climb. The part that sucks is it was an adjustment hike, not even any major height.

Btw, love the similar threads at the bottom. So, which flavor nerf bars do you prefer? :P

rodaniel
02-19-2006, 08:13 AM
The Clifs have too much sugar in 'em for me, so I've tried a bunch of other protein bars. Probably the best I've found is Chef Jay's (http://www.chefjays.net/) Tri-O-Plex bars. They're more like a (dense) muffin or cereal bar than a candy bar and they pack in 30g of protein.

Seems like the chocolatey protein bars almost always taste very artificial or industrial. And some of the protein bars are loaded with sugar alchohols that really do nasty things to a sensitive gut...

kissya
02-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Haha ... let's see if Kissya responds ... then you'll be restored to full manliness. :rolleyes:
:shock: ok...What did I miss???:twisted: :evil:

Junebug
02-19-2006, 10:30 AM
:shock: ok...What did I miss???:twisted: :evil:

rhythm_ace was feeling a little girlie for enjoying a Luna bar, and was trying to restore his manliness. I figured you were about to chime in ... :D

rhythm_ace
02-19-2006, 11:16 AM
MMust be a MMagnesiumm MMetallic thing...

biocube
02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
i bought 10 cases a few summers ago for backpacking. all sorts of flavors.

since then, i can't stand them.

i've tried them all, the latest one i can tolerate is balance bars (not the bbgold, they suck).

but mostly these days i just take snickers. somehow i never tire of them.

and peanut m&ms. them's good eatin'!

B Rubble
02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Clif makes Luna, right? I had one...Pecan Pie or something? Really good! But then I realized they might turn me into a girly man or something, so I stopped.

That's why Clif needs to come up with a beer flavored bar, for manly men. :twisted:

Personally, I bring along MREs. Taste like crap, but it's a manly crap. (wait, rephrase that). :shock:

jimtesla
02-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Im a peanut butter cliff bar fan......thats the only one I can stomach....

I was eating one at work and a nurse saw what I was chowing down and went crazy....She never saw anybody else eating a peanut butter cliff bar....
Her favorite...

So everytime I go through the ER...I get a free be......peanut butter cliff bar time......:D

lae10851
02-20-2006, 06:56 PM
While I dont really like them, I do eat them out of necessity at work. I keep a few in my work bag in case I dont get lunch or get stuck on a crime scene. If only snickers would last as long....(I'd probably eat them before Id need them).

rotgut
05-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Chocolate Almond Fudge my favorite. Love any with chocolate/peanut butter or both.

ShotOnce
05-14-2006, 03:29 PM
While I do like Cliff bars, I prefer these...

Protein Bars (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31336,00.html)

Not to mention they break down to be something like .25/bar. Money saved goes directly to my E