Bozworth, 11/24/95-2/24/06 [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Bozworth, 11/24/95-2/24/06

3rdHonda
02-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Early Friday morning, while Tiffany and I were still on vacation, the boarding kennel called to say they'd found a bloat in Bozworth's stomach and needed to rush him to the vet. The vet took X-rays and, sure enough, found that his small intestine had twisted, cutting off blood supply to his stomach. By the time he underwent emergency surgery, it was too late. His stomach had completely died, and they had to euthenize.

He will be deeply missed and his memory forever cherished.

kung
02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm deeply sorry for you loss. You will see him again at the rainbow bridge.

Beaker
02-27-2006, 10:36 AM
That's so sad.

They should make a law that pets are not allowed to die while their humans are on vacation, that's the worst.

He looks like he was a very good boy, sorry to hear his life was cut short.

tango
02-27-2006, 10:37 AM
For Bozworth

Grant us the strength not to dwell on our loss.
Help us remember the story of his life with the love he has shown us.
And grant us peace as we celebrate his life
by sharing those memories with others.

Let him remember us as well
and know that we will always love him.
And when it's our time to pass over into paradise,
we know he will be among those who will come to bring us home.

Thank you for the gift of his companionship, for the time we've had together.
And thank you for granting us the strength to give him over to your keeping now, until we are together again.

~May his memories warm your heart always - our condolences on the loss of your beloved family member. Rest assured he was lifted to the Rainbow Bridge with your love.~

kalinka
02-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Ahhh I am so sorry to hear about this. I had two that bloated like that.

While words are never going to cut it, Cowgirl and I will be lighting a candle for him tonight.

Peace to you and all that loved him.

Kalinka

hiker chick
02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
So, so sorry about Bozworth. :-( Such a handsome boy. A terrible loss for you both and so horrible that you were away at the time.

I'll send a prayer my first Samoyed's way (1988-2002) and ask Buck to look out for Bozworth.

It's awful to lose them. Buck's death was so devastating to me I thought my heart could give out from the pain. Only dog people friends really appreciated the magnitude of the loss.

I wasn't happy again until a bundle of puppy joy -- Gidget -- came to me later that summer.

God bless to you and Tiffany.

3rdHonda
02-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. One of the hardest parts was seeing the E's back seats/floor covered with his loose fur on the way home from the airport. He was a big-time shedder, and I dropped him off at the kennel on my way out of town. Funny to think of something that's usually a mild annoyance (loose fur everywhere) as such a bittersweet reminder.

ozarkcanoeman
02-28-2006, 10:26 AM
:cry: Sorry about your loss. A few years ago someone told me a wonderfull story that went something like this. Take care. TW
An old man and his dog were walking down a road one day. They walked quietly, enjoying the beautifull scenery when the man slowly began to remember being ill and dieing. He then remembered his companion had died some years ago. After awhile they came to a high, fancy, white wall made of fine marble and two gates that looked as if they were made of pearl. As he got closer he noticed the streets that entered within resembled fine gold and a nice looking, well dressed gentleman sat beside the gates at a ornately engraved walnut desk. "Excuse me, sir," the old man enquired, "Can you tell me where we are?" The gentleman at the desk replied "This is Heavan." The old man then said "We've been walking some time, would you have some water?" The gentleman said "There's a pitcher of ice water waiting for you right through those gates." The old man then asked "Would you also happen to have a bowl for my friend here?" "Certainly not, there are no PETS allowed in HEAVAN." The old man looked down at his friend, who gave his tail a few wags, and said to the gentleman "I think we'll just continue on." "Suit yourself," said the gentleman. Not long after, they approached another fence; a fence of weathered cedar. In the distance, he could see an old farm gate with a plain-looking man sitting under a tree reading a book. When they got close enough, the old man greeted the man sitting under the tree, who then looked up from his book. The old man then stated he and his friend had been walking for some time, and wondered if they might have a drink of water? "But of course, right over there," as he gestured inside the gate toward an old hand-pump with a dog bowl beside it. The old man then ventured "It is O.K. to for my friend to go in with me isn't it?" "No problem, he's welcome too." After the man filled his friend's bowl, he took several long draughts as his friend drank contentedly at the bowl. Thirst satisfied, he looked at the man sitting under the tree and asked "What do you call this place?" "Heavan," said the man. "Well, wait a minute, I'm confused, the man down the road at the fancy gate sait that was heavan," said the old man. "Oh yeah," the Devil does that sometimes." The old man asked "Why do you let him get by with that?" The man slowly got up from under the tree and looked back down the road from where the old man and his friend had travelled and said "Well, we figure he screens out the riff-raff." "As far as we're concerned, he can keep the kind of people who would leave their best friend behind!"

lifeizgood
02-28-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm deeply sorry for your loss, 3rdHonda. :-(

Junebug
02-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh man, I'm so sorry for you guys. We were all just talking about our dogs at the meet, and I know your Bozworth was loved. I'll give our two extra hugs tonight.

-Trina.

SookiE
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Bozworth. :(

joemama
03-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. You are living my worst fear that one day my two dogs will no longer be a part of my daily life. You gave him a wonderful home and lots of love. I hope you Tiffany both are there for each other during this difficult time.

Again I am so sorry to read of your loss.

Bill