Where is everyone that wants to come to the Big E-vent? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Where is everyone that wants to come to the Big E-vent?

spdrcr5
03-01-2006, 08:49 AM
We don't have anyone from the south (except SC); nobody from the West, southwest, Texas area...

Check the map of where people are from here (http://www.frappr.com/bigevent2006). Not everyone has requested to be added to the map, but you get a general idea of where people are coming from.

Where is everyone? We put the Registration site up early because everyone said they needed to know the dates and make arrangements and such... We are halfway through the baseball tickets so if you are interested in going to the Cardinals vs Dodgers in a Party Room stocked with FREE Beer, Soda, snacks and 50 of your fellow EOC members you better register soon before they are all gone. :)

Let's make this year even bigger than last year!

kissya
03-01-2006, 08:51 AM
TN is south... last time I checked;-)

NYinNC
03-01-2006, 09:10 AM
I'd love to make the trip, but I'll be In Germany on business..:sad:

spdrcr5
03-01-2006, 09:15 AM
I'd love to make the trip, but I'll be In Germany on business..:sad:

:sad: have you given any thought to quitting your job? :wink: enjoy Germany, maybe you can make it next year.

dfreeze
03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
KY is also in the South.

I think this is natural. The people that are going to the game MUST register now. I wouldn't have registered yet if I weren't going to the game. Sort of the whote time-value-of-money concept.

spdrcr5
03-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Ok, let me clarify South... Just looking at the map I am referring to Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, etc. That's why i said midwest and southwest also. What do you call the southern central part of the US?

Besides, only 1 person from KY, 1 from TN and 1 from SC... NY alone has 3 of us! lol

T Mac
03-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Not to mention we have over 11,000 registered members on this forum. We'll have a lot there. It's still WAY early in my opinion, but we still want/need to sell those tickets for the Cards game so I don't have to be without all of that cash for so long.

Also, Larry... the beer in the party room is not exactly free since the ticket is $82. :) Having said that, good tickets to a game and a few beers will easily reach around 60 bucks, so this is a great deal.

Dom.five
03-01-2006, 11:55 AM
How many so far Larry? Keep us posted on the numbers please.

It's ok if we don't fill the box. We'll all have a few extra Beers. Can we Handel it Gregg?:D

Dom

T Mac
03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
How many so far Larry? Keep us posted on the numbers please.

It's ok if we don't fill the box. We'll all have a few extra Beers. Can we Handel it Gregg?:D

I think you guys may not understand... I have already paid the Cardinals four thousand dollars ($82 x 50) for all fifty seats. So, if we sell all fifty, I'm not out any money here, which, of course is my preference. :-D

bustamelon
03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
I think you guys may not understand... I have already paid the Cardinals four thousand dollars ($82 x 50) for all fifty seats. So, if we sell all fifty, I'm not out any money here, which, of course is my preference. :-D

D00d.... you are a champ for laying out that bread.
Almost makes me want to donate to your cause, but unfortunately, I am not a baseball guy (kinda rather watch paint dry), and anyway STL is not in the... Cards(!) for me this year.

So everyone who plans on going, sign up for those tickets, do your host a solid!

ElemutGrrl
03-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by spdrcr5 Ok, let me clarify South... Just looking at the map I am referring to Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, etc. That's why i said midwest and southwest also. What do you call the southern central part of the US?

Besides, only 1 person from KY, 1 from TN and 1 from SC... NY alone has 3 of us! lol
Ok.... I'm driving from FLORIDA!!! (add me to the map!) Do I get a brownie point now??? :lol: Hopefully more will join me.....

Originally Posted by T Mac I think you guys may not understand... I have already paid the Cardinals four thousand dollars ($82 x 50) for all fifty seats. So, if we sell all fifty, I'm not out any money here, which, of course is my preference. Hey... I'm going for the beer..... I'm a Red Sox fan!! :shock: Think they will mind if I wear my gear?? Worst case scenario it will be live entertainment! LOL
It should be fun.... it is early yet. :-D

Hell, I even have the Big "E" Event listed on my 'myspace'. :-o

spdrcr5
03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Ok.... I'm driving from FLORIDA!!! (add me to the map!) Do I get a brownie point now??? :lol: Hopefully more will join me.....

Hey... I'm going for the beer..... I'm a Red Sox fan!! :shock: Think they will mind if I wear my gear?? Worst case scenario it will be live entertainment! LOL
It should be fun.... it is early yet. :-D

Hell, I even have the Big "E" Event listed on my 'myspace'. :-o

You can wear your Red Sox gear if you like... I will be wearing my Yankees hat and possibly Yankees shirt. :)

You are on the map. Oh, I made you a girl instead of a boy... didn't think you'd want a blue pin. :shock:

Barb
03-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Cash, check or Paypal? Made out to who and senht where? I know it's somewhere else on the site but it coluldn't hurt to put it here too. I'm traveling and borrowing a computer but if you send me an Email, I'll pay up!

T Mac
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Cash, check or Paypal? Made out to who and senht where? I know it's somewhere else on the site but it coluldn't hurt to put it here too. I'm traveling and borrowing a computer but if you send me an Email, I'll pay up!

The payment can be made via check or PayPal. The PayPal account is linked from the meet site. If you still can't find it, let me know and I'll PM you the information.

Dom.five
03-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Tom I was aware of that. I was just kidding. I don't think you are/we going to have trouble filling the Box. It's early in the game now. If this were June, I'd be worried. Don't sweat it yet !!

Dom

Sheniferous
03-02-2006, 05:05 AM
the lure of free beer is definitely sweetening the deal... argh... decisions...

LmentalMastiffs
03-02-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm here.. I've registered and will have my money order out this weekend! I'm totally excited!!!! I'm working on a few additions to the ole Orange E.

Oh, and get this.. I got me an Orange puppy.. :-D This is Angus, my American Staffordshire Terrier puppy.. Hell if he aint Orange!!! lololol

Can't wait till July!!! See you all there!!!!

E ON!!!

Kerri & Joe
http://myspace-768.vo.llnwd.net/00500/86/71/500121768_l.jpg

cai88
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Maybe the Misfits scared everyone away? Really people we are harmless:D

bonez76
03-02-2006, 08:05 PM
From FL here as well. Really Really wanna go...making arrangements at work for that time off. Bad part I might not have anyone to go with me. Prob won't make the Game...not much for baseball. Glad I have time to plan...lol.

NighthawkStella
03-02-2006, 08:44 PM
I think the E-vent sounds great, I'd be heading there solo as well though...maybe next time?

cai88
03-02-2006, 09:31 PM
It's not a prom guys!!! You can go solo. I drove 13 hours last year by myself and had the best time of my life!!

dfreeze
03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
I went solo last year and had a blast. And, for the record, I didn't know anyone before I arrived.

This year, however, I'm bringing the Mrs. (Can only take so many fun vacations without her.)

Sheniferous
03-02-2006, 09:46 PM
It's not a prom guys!!! You can go solo. I drove 13 hours last year by myself and had the best time of my life!!

13 hours? that's it!? i would have to drive 32 hours to get there!!

cai88
03-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Stop whining Shen!! Just fly there!

NighthawkStella
03-02-2006, 10:32 PM

It's NOT a prom? that's what I thought it was all about...bummer. I have been part of this deal for only a week, I can't commit to a road trip to meet you all yet! Give me some time...

cai88
03-02-2006, 10:38 PM
You have a few months:D

NighthawkStella
03-02-2006, 10:42 PM
Yes, you're right. I could be won over in a few months. However, the hotel isn't dog friendly! :roll:

tango
03-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Since it appears the E-vent Hotel isn't dog friendly I can tell everyone who wants to bring their Dog(s) to the big E-vent that Motel 6, Studio 6 and Red Roof Inn ALL take dogs - of ANY size. Pets in general are welcome at all of them.
There are 6 Red Roof Inns in St Louis and 7 Motel 6's. Both have web sites - you can check them out online www.motel6.com and www.redroof.com
According the the latest directory looks like Motel 6 rates in STL run $32 to $56 a night and Red Roof Inns rates in STL run $42 to $88 a night.
So for those who never travel without their furry family members you CAN go the the 2006 Meet and be with the EOC gang AND your dogs both!
Now there is NO excuse for Stella (or anyone else) not to come to St Louis!

sprocket_old_boy
03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I will definately be there, possibly with 2 passengers.

T Mac
03-03-2006, 03:59 PM
There are 6 Red Roof Inns in St Louis

There is a Red Roof Inn only one exit away from our hotel too. It's actually in a nice area with a Hooter's next door. :)

NighthawkStella
03-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Since it appears the E-vent Hotel isn't dog friendly I can tell everyone who wants to bring their Dog(s) to the big E-vent that Motel 6, Studio 6 and Red Roof Inn ALL take dogs - of ANY size. Pets in general are welcome at all of them.

Now there is NO excuse for Stella (or anyone else) not to come to St Louis!

Damn, now I'll have to come up with a different excuse!!

ADAMLSTL
03-03-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm here.. I've registered and will have my money order out this weekend! I'm totally excited!!!! I'm working on a few additions to the ole Orange E.

Oh, and get this.. I got me an Orange puppy.. :-D This is Angus, my American Staffordshire Terrier puppy.. Hell if he aint Orange!!! lololol

Can't wait till July!!! See you all there!!!!

E ON!!!

Kerri & Joe
http://myspace-768.vo.llnwd.net/00500/86/71/500121768_l.jpg

Sweet looking D O GG! Here is my APBT... His best friend was a Staffi...

TARDIS
03-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Hi All,

Looking forward to July.
I will also be travelling alone. About 12 hrs. from Ontario, Canada.

Missed last year, there was no way I was going to miss this years fun times.

All booked at the hotel etc. Sorry not a baseball fan. Thought I would leave the space in the box for a true fan of the game. I am sure you will fill all 50 spots...no problem.

Maybe we can all meet up after the game in the parking lot? An Element tail-gate party.

See you all in July...keep safe.

Tardis