Neglecting my dog... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Neglecting my dog...

NighthawkStella
03-01-2006, 07:47 PM
In the last few days I have totally neglected my dog in the evenings. You see, I am addicted to EOC. I can't quit reading and searching for new posts! I feel sorry for him...he just wants some attention and I am dealing with a new addiction. Help!

PugMom
03-01-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm doing the SAME thing---I'm sitting here at the computer and I look down and there's a pug with a toy in her mouth wanting to play!!! I'm also ignoring the hubby, but he's used to it. (Besides, he's watching basketball!)

MrBreeze
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
LOL.... I hear you. My boy got tired of watching me on the puter and went to sleep. I'll take him for a nice long walk in the park this weekend to make up for it. Of course I'll have to drive the E to the park to get there, which would be my boys first ride in it too...LOL see everyones happy:)

PugMom
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I LOVE your lab!!! I had a wonderful soul mate yellow lab, Baylee, for 9 years. She died about 2 years ago from cancer. I'll never have another "dog" like her! She left behind a very sad Mulligan (part lab part great dane or something). So I bought my first pug--Skippy. Then Mulligan died of cancer! So we bought our second pug--Elli. But all these wonderful labs on the EOC are making me want another big dog. The pugs "own" the E! The license plate says "PUGTOY", and 2 days ago, I covered the back seats with paw print flannel and installed 2 dog car seats so they can see out the windows! There's 2 pugs hanging from the mirror, and a sticker that says "MY PUG is Smarter than your Honor Student". Ah yes, Element owners are quite eccentric (add a pug owner to that, and it's CRAZY!)

MrBreeze
03-02-2006, 08:58 AM
LOL... thats too funny PugMom. I guess your pugs rule inthe E. They are very cute and look like little bricks. There's plenty of room for them to roam in there. I can't wait to take Moose (my boy) for his first ride in the E, I'm waiting for my Elemat to arrive first though. My boy is kinda clumbsy and I don't want him to hurt himself in the cargo area of the E

"The license plate says "PUGTOY", and 2 days ago, I covered the back seats with paw print flannel and installed 2 dog car seats so they can see out the windows! There's 2 pugs hanging from the mirror, and a sticker that says "MY PUG is Smarter than your Honor Student". "

Well your supposed to spoil your babies...lol Sounds like they have a nice cozy ride now. That's one of the best reasons why I purchased the E because it would accomodate Moose

Sorry to hear of your other dogs Baylee and Mulligan. They sounded like great dogs & companions That's just never easy when you have to say goodbye. Moose is a little over 8 and we are just enjoying life to the fullest. I have many photos of him and if it's Ok to post them here I'd be glad too.

Heres another to start:) Gotta run to work....bye

PugMom
03-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Of course you can post pics!!! We encourage it! And if I could figure out how to do it, I would LOL. Geez I have to be the dumbest person in front of a computer! I can't figure out how to START a thread, I can't figure out how to use the Smileys (it just comes out the words: shocked, sad, etc.), and I just lucked out with the Avatar---I was pushing buttons and stuff. My husband works in computers but is no help---he's a software DBA, doesn't understand the "fun" stuff. So------if anyone out there can explain any of this stuff (to a menopausal, brain cells dying right and left) woman, give it a try. But keep in mind---half the time hubby and I don't know where we've down loaded our pics. OMG!

Back to Moose----he is just gorgeous! I just want to throw my arms around him and hug him.

Have a great day!

MrBreeze
03-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Your too funny PugMom...lol
I might be able to help you out on a couple of things with posting .
I'm new here myself at the EOC, so not too familiar with everything yet.
I have trouble starting a new thread myself and find myself posting replies instead...lol
You can put the smilies into your thread by just clicking on them,:) :D :cool: :shock:
They will show up in your tread when you preview and send your post.

As for sending a photo, the way I do it is to go down from where you are typing to the Additional Options window and click on Manage Attachments Another small window opens. In there it tells you what kind of files you can use to send and their allowable file size. I usually have to resize my photos from one of the programs on my computer first. Then in the open window I click on one of the browse buttons to retrieve the photo. Once your photo is in that browse window click on the upload button. It takes a couple of seconds to upload and if your file is too big it will tell you and you will have to resize it. Don't worry if you don't see your picture in there once you upload it. You can close this window once your upload is done and you will see a link above where you pressed the Manage Attachments button earlier. If you click on this link you should see your photo. Now you can submit your thread and it should be in there with it.

But keep in mind---half the time hubby and I don't know where we've down loaded our pics. OMG! LOL This would be a good start PugMom

There may be easier and faster ways to do this I'm not sure just yet. It seems to be working OK for me except I have to resize several x's before getting it right. If anyone else out there can steer us in the right direction please do so.
AS always Happy E'ing

PugMom
03-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks!!! MrBreeze, you're a sweetie. I'll give it a try! I marvel at all the cool stuff people know on here--from cars to computers!! Hey, if anybody wants to know about teaching pre-schoolers, I'm your girl! Or removing Barbie faces and repainting them to look different (kinda sounds like doing mods on the E doesn't it??? The universe all fits together in a weird way!)

Give Moose a treat and pat on the head for me!

Later!

MrBreeze
03-03-2006, 08:36 PM
No problem PugMom.

Or removing Barbie faces:shock: and repainting them to look different (kinda sounds like doing mods on the E doesn't it??? The universe all fits together in a weird way!)OK....LOL Speaking of mods,I just received my Elemat today, so it looks like that ride to the park is in order for Moose after all. Also received my ventvisors,and wheel locks too...oh yea forgot the front all season mat came yesterday. Can't wait until the weather warms up so I can do the HD grill mod. Next week comes the drivers side armrest and the cargo carrier...yee haaa

Moose thanks you for all the sentiments, and says to give hugs to the pugs:)
Skippy & Elli Have a great weekend and enjoy E'ing

KSB
03-04-2006, 08:09 AM
In the last few days I have totally neglected my dog in the evenings. You see, I am addicted to EOC. I can't quit reading and searching for new posts! I feel sorry for him...he just wants some attention and I am dealing with a new addiction. Help!

LOL, I can totally relate to this. My wife can't understand how I can spend so much time on the computer. But I don't watch very much TV either. And my Jack Russell is on my lap the whole time. He loves to look at all the puppy photo's here! :)

Ken

OurElement
03-04-2006, 07:41 PM
My little pug has to be on my lap no matter where i am. I always have to take the laptop to the sofa so Mun Chi can lay with me. He is more than just our best friend he is our 1st child.

KSB
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
My little pug has to be on my lap no matter where i am. I always have to take the laptop to the sofa so Mun Chi can lay with me. He is more than just our best friend he is our 1st child.

We need to see a photo please!!!!

Ken

PugMom
03-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, a pic of Mun Chi please!!!! The computer is the ONLY place my pugs aren't in my lap! Sometimes I just sit here to have some space to myself!!! They are my LAST kids!!

KSB
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Yes, a pic of Mun Chi please!!!! The computer is the ONLY place my pugs aren't in my lap! Sometimes I just sit here to have some space to myself!!! They are my LAST kids!!

Can we see some pics of your pugs as well young lady?

PugMom
03-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Uh, oh, um, still learning how to post pics (after I find them in our computer). Mr. Breeze has given me some pointers--just haven't tried it yet. For now, my Avatar is all I have to offer in the way of pics of Skippy and Elli. (How I got the Avatar working was a total "push this, push that--hey I wonder what this will do" kinda thing!:twisted:

OurElement
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
As soon as i get off work today i will post some pisc of munch.

ADAMLSTL
03-05-2006, 05:35 PM
As soon as i get off work today i will post some pisc of munch.

This is my boy Brutus..
He has "THE LIFE". Would it not be great to be your dog for a day and lay around & kick your paws up? :cool:

NighthawkStella
03-05-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not feeling so bad about my dog today. We went to the dog park for a couple of hours and then he had some good play time in the backyard. It was about 50 degrees here. I have Spring Fever!! However, here I am, back on the computer...:)

OurElement
03-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Here is my 1st child Mun Chi

OurElement
03-05-2006, 08:01 PM
My wife always makes him wear stupid things.

OurElement
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
This is a better pic

KSB
03-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Here is my 1st child Mun Chi

OMG, My wife was in the shower and I had to print this photo and run in and show her. What a cute pug!!!

Ken

PugMom
03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
He is so freakin CUTE!!! Kinda has the same look as my Elli. (Yea, I know, I need to learn to post pics!) Hey, I just found out how to post a thread, my head hurts from all this tech stuff!!! Anyway, Elli has that kind of build. How old is Mun Chi?

OurElement
03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
He is the best dog i have ever owned in my life. He likes to have things in his mouth. Here is a few more enjoy.

PugMom
03-05-2006, 09:26 PM
I just showed Skippy and Elli your pics of Mun Chi. They think he's cute1

Skip likes to dress up, but Elli growls the whole time. She has an -itchy attitued--but we love her!

kissya
03-05-2006, 09:27 PM
He is the best dog i have ever owned in my life. He likes to have things in his mouth. Here is a few more enjoy.

:grin: What a cute Dog.....thanks for the pics......:grin:

OurElement
03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
You really need to get some pics of them up i can't wait to see them.

ADAMLSTL
03-05-2006, 10:03 PM
My neglected dog with some of the ladies...:) He has that charm...:cool:

PugMom
03-05-2006, 10:11 PM
Joe, I finally figured out how to post a pic, and I put it in the wrong thread LOL I'm losing it!!

MrBreeze
03-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey who says pugs are the only ones that can dress up? (very cute)
Couldn't resist, this one of Moose ... Merry belated Christmas everyone:D :D

KSB
03-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Joe, I finally figured out how to post a pic, and I put it in the wrong thread LOL I'm losing it!!

Very cute pugs, Pugmom. Glad you were able to post the pics!

You are killing me with these pics! He is very cute.

My neglected dog with some of the ladies...:) He has that charm...:cool:

He's not looking so neglected there! :shock: I guess I would like to be that neglected! :cool:

Hey who says pugs are the only ones that can dress up? (very cute)
Couldn't resist, this one of Moose ... Merry belated Christmas everyone:D :D

Love this photo, but not sure if he likes it so much. Thanks for posting it.

Ken

ADAMLSTL
03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
He's not looking so neglected there! :shock: I guess I would like to be that neglected! :cool:

Ken[/QUOTE]

It's a dog eat dog world.... :twisted:

likecoiledsteel
03-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Talk about guilt...

KSB
03-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Talk about guilt...

Oh man, how can you stand it. Seeing those eyes staring at you "come play with me". LOL. Very cute.

Ken