Excited, Happy, Giddy, Proud New "E" Owner! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Excited, Happy, Giddy, Proud New "E" Owner!

atomicdogride
03-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I couldn't wait to finally post that I am an Element owner! (As of yesterday at 4pm) My doggys are getting up in years (12, 11 and 8 yrs old) and just can't get into the back of my 2000 CR-V as easily as they used to. So what else could I do but buy them the perfect dog vehicle?! :-D

This site is great, full of so much info.

gladestrider
03-28-2006, 08:16 PM
An E owner, AND a dog lover. You'll fit in just fine around here ;)

Welcome!

lifeizgood
03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the EOC, atomicdogride! :D

hiker chick
03-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Welcome aboard! That's quite a crew.

:)

PugMom
03-28-2006, 09:06 PM
OMG: what incredible dogs!!!

AgilityPup
03-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Congrats: our little family went from 2001 CR-V to E, just like you. Our corgi hops right into the E and onto her seat, a nice change from needing an assist into the CR-V. Just one more thing to love about the E! That and our agility stuff in the back: jumps, bars, hoops, tunnel, balance/tippy boards and bag o' snacks. We must be the soccer moms of the dog world. :rolleyes: :cool:

Congrats again,
KM

NighthawkStella
03-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Welcome! Your dogs look great!

MrBreeze
03-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the EOC Atomicdogride. What a cool name for your beautiful bunch of furry ones. You'll love the ride here too.
Congrats with your new E

atomicdogride
03-29-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome everybody!:) Jasper, Jodi and Luke say thanks too. They'll have so much more room in the E. We plan to take out the back seats. I have to admit although I consider myself the "paranoid dog mom" type, I have never really thought about the safety factor with a dog (or 2 or 3) in the back of a vehicle with me. I've been reading here about the harness belts, etc. Crates won't work for my guys, they're 65, 60 and 45 lbs. I ordered a harness belt from Champion (should be here any day) to try out...then we'll go from there.

We need to get those seats out so the dogs can "explore" the E this weekend and get used to it. I just get a silly grin on my face every time I look out the window at our new "ride" :grin:

The Rube
03-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Nice looking dogs. Great picture. Good luck with the "E", looking forward to more pics.....

atomicdogride
03-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Oh, believe me....there will be more pictures :grin: :grin: :grin:
Take it from someone who makes their dogs pose with birthday cards each year. I know....I know.......:twisted:

MrBreeze
03-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I have never really thought about the safety factor with a dog (or 2 or 3) in the back of a vehicle with me. I've been reading here about the harness belts, etc. Crates won't work for my guys, they're 65, 60 and 45 lbs. I ordered a harness belt from Champion (should be here any day) to try out...then we'll go from there.

We need to get those seats out so the dogs can "explore" the E this weekend and get used to it. I just get a silly grin on my face every time I
look out the window at our new "ride" :grin:

A good rubber mat or some carpet might help too. The E gets very slippery, especially when wet and the dogs will slide around on the floor surface. I'm going to pick up a couple of rug mats this weekend for my boy Moose.
I know what you mean about having the silly grin look. I still have it too.

Happy E'ing

atomicdogride
03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
I was actually thinking about carpet of some kind....then just take it out and clean it off if (I should say 'when') it gets dirty. I am so anxious to get them into their new E! I know they're gonna love it...

I know I'm nuts when I take a picture of my new E in the parking lot (from my office window) with my camera phone and then send it to people. My sister showed her co-workers and of course there were a couple that said "Eeeww...she bought one of those box cars?!" I just have to laugh.
:D