Awww, he's a doll!

(former GS leader here)

Looks like he KNEW exactly how to scout out loving family!:wink:

kissya
04-02-2006, 03:18 PM
:-D Cute Doggie....:grin:

Wasabi
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I was a bit worried how to travel with two dogs. Our 4 year old 80 lb chocolate lab lays in the back behind the back seat, but this new dog is content to lay on the floor at the kids' feet in front of the back seat, so I think we're good. We do a lot of three hour drives...one way to my in-laws beach house, and the other to western MD where we're eventually building a mountain house.

When my wife brought the dog home, I was willing to pay the vet bills, get him healthy, and then find him a good family. I didn't want a second dog, as I already have to walk my lab twice a day. But the kids were literally openly weeping about giving him up even after a few hours. I knew my wife actually wanted him, even though she was willing not to keep him, so I relented.

I'm actually rewarded with some grateful kids, and a very loveable dog who lays at your feet and just wants to be good. Unlike my lab who is totally ornery and mischievous, although extremely sweet. Hopefully, he won't corrupt the new one.

He's actually a silly looking little thing. We think he's half lab and half bassett. He has big paws, very short legs and a long body, with sort of a "banana" tail. His ears definitely look bassett, being much longer than lab ears. The cool thing is, he's going to stay this size (although maybe fatten up a little). The vet thinks he's about a year old.

AuntDale
04-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Little Brother looks like he will be a great addition. It really IS a good choice of an adult over a puppy, then you can know in advance exactly how big he is gonna get.

Plus you have already had the chance to observe his disposition under adverse circumstances. He must have had a few hard weeks before he found you guys. Myself, I might have been on the grouchy side.

Good decision, DAD I'm sure your family loves you for making it:grin:

ADAMLSTL
04-02-2006, 04:26 PM
http://web.mac.com/kirsten/iWeb/Site/Little%20Brother.html

Password is "snickers".

Good looking dog... We have a lot of dog lovers here....:-D

MsMarvel
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Great save!

I peeked at the piece of land where you'll be building a house. Wow, I should move to Maryland!

Wasabi
04-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Great save!

I peeked at the piece of land where you'll be building a house. Wow, I should move to Maryland!
It's out in the boonies! Actually, the land there has skyrocketed, as it's next to the Deep Creek Lake recreation area, which is pretty hot right now. The lake is huge (power boating, etc.), and Wisp Ski Resort is there, as well.

I'm a big snowboarding nut, and my wife loves kayaking, etc., so it's a place we'll be able to use all year. We just wanted to grab the land first, and then figure out what we want to build. We know it will be a log house, but we're going to take our time choosing plans and finding a builder.

SookiE
04-04-2006, 11:12 PM
Little Brother is adorable! Thanks for rescuing him :D

You kids are adorable, too. Seems you are surrounded by adorableness. :)

KSB
04-05-2006, 05:47 AM
Great looking doggie. I am sure he will be very greatfull that you gave him a home. We rescued our Shiba Inu about 4 years ago. I would do it again. There are too many unwanted animals in the world.

Wasabi
04-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Little Brother is adorable! Thanks for rescuing him :D

You kids are adorable, too. Seems you are surrounded by adorableness. :)
Thanks! You should see my wife ;-) Little Brother's official name is now Scout. We still call him Little Brother, but that was rough to put on the dog tag. Poor thing just got neutered Friday.

Wasabi
04-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Great looking doggie. I am sure he will be very greatfull that you gave him a home. We rescued our Shiba Inu about 4 years ago. I would do it again. There are too many unwanted animals in the world.
I agree with you. My plan was to rescue him, pay the (huge) vet bills, and find him a good home. My children had other plans. I'm sure we'll be as blessed by him as he is by us. He's already a big neighborhood favorite.

jurneez
04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Congrats....and strays are best. Ya give .....ya get.....
j.

tessa
04-10-2006, 09:40 PM
What a sweet pooch! Hope he is able to bounce back from his Lyme infection, that can be so nasty. He really lucked out latching on to you and your family - but then, having been in the woods for two weeks, it seems he just knew the right family, huh?

I also looked at your Garrett County land -
It's out in the boonies! Actually, the land there has skyrocketed, as it's next to the Deep Creek Lake recreation area, which is pretty hot right now. The lake is huge (power boating, etc.), and Wisp Ski Resort is there, as well.
Our second home is in "town" in Cumberland right nearby, an old 130+yr old house that we are restoring, adjacent to some of the Rails-to-Trails biking areas. The mountains really are appealing in those western MD counties. A real adjustment for an urban San Diegan, but near where I went to school way back when. But you are so right that real estate is sky-rocketing lately - good for you for getting your acre now! That E will be FULL when you drive up - dogs and kids!

Thanks for sharing!

Tess