Element owners typically female in S. Cal? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Element owners typically female in S. Cal?

Goodspeed
04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I see about 4~7 Elements each day while driving to and back from work and miscellaneous errands.

About 8 out of 10 times its a female driver. Does anyone notice the same thing? :cool:

USCjohnE
04-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I'll second that. I've seen 3 E's around my area and the drivers were all the female, soccer mom type (Nothing wrong with that, though). Guess we all like the cool look and practicality of the E....

Btw. i always look for an EOC sticker on the back and have yet to see one around here...

John

Miss Ellie & Co.
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Does this mean that women are brighter than men? Doesn't surprise me a bit! LOL!

:D

biocube
04-07-2006, 01:38 PM
seems like at the meetups, its about 2:1 men

but i agree, driving around there are a lot of soccer moms and older people, especially down here in theOC

Box4Rox
04-07-2006, 02:02 PM
. . .

Btw. i always look for an EOC sticker on the back and have yet to see one around here...

John

Haha - You'll see one soon. I live a few blocks from you . . . look for a 2003 SOP with a couple of Yakima bike mounts on top . . .

I saw your E (i think) the other day turning onto Rancho Navato . . . looked nice; I really like the new painted panels :)

Welcome aboard

PVR
04-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Does this must mean that women are brighter than men? Doesn't surprise me a bit! LOL!

:D

You're lucky you didn't say "women have better taste" or you would have had a snappy comeback from Dan the Man by now!

chad5
04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
wait. Are you saying I'm gay? or just a wussy?!

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..." (old Sienfeld joke.)

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Lots of women in L.A. in Elements. It is the perfect Soccer Mom / Car pool / car, too.

Now where did I put my Shotgun, Free weights, and bottle of Jack?:grin:

Goodspeed
04-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I saw a few moms/grandmas.. but mostly young college surfer/skier/outdoorship type gals.

I've only seen one EOC sticker.. and that was at REI in Tustin.... yeah, even I haven't bought one. and even if I did.. not sure where to put it.

btw.. when I drove to Diamond Bar, Rowland Heights area.. I saw quite a number of asian moms and dads.

Reagan
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
same thing in phoenix, arizona. i've seen quite a few on the road and all are females. none have eoc decals and none seem interested in waving 'hello'.
i guess they're not as nutty about their Es as we are:D
R

MsMarvel
04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
...that was at REI in Tustin....

Was it a Rallye Red? That was us! :cool:

The E is not my primary car but I "steal" it from DH every chance I get. On Wednesday I took a mom and 4 kids to the ice skating rink and we definitely needed my minivan (Mazda MPV) to fit everyone in. Sadly, as much as I love the E, for this mom, I often need 5-7 seatbelts.

USCjohnE
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey Rox -

Yeah...that 2006 TRP was me! I actually live right up the street from Rancho Navato. I haven't seen your 2003 SOP yet but glad to hear that there's another fellow EOC'er in my neck of the 'burbs, too!

Thanks for the welcome and I'll definitely wave the next time I see you around our 'hood...:)

John

Karaoke Massage
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Here in Sacramento it does seem like most of the Es I see are being driven by women. However, I have yet to see a woman wave back to me. I've seen one other guy in my area in an E and he was REALLY excited to see little Cosmo. Was waving and smiling. If I hadn't been getting onto an onramp I would have pointed him here (no EOC sticker that I could see). He was in a Rallye Red E (no idea on year, AWD though I think), probably mid thirties, latino, on Jefferson yesterday around noonish.

Anyone here? :)

Phelixdakat81
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
i live in hollywood and i see lots of guys in elements... but i do see my fair share of women in their Es.

one nite in hollywood i lined up with another E at a light and i think it was his first time to see a EX-P so he looked over. we both rev'ed our engines like we were gunna race and we both got a chuckle and a smile when i had to turn left and he took off... LOL

_P

ocurfie
04-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Well out here in the IE, I'd have to say it's about 50/50. I too have only had one person acknowledge. I was headed S on the 15 around Limonite. It was a Black EX with a storage bin on top. It wasn't shut too tightly and the top started to open and stuff was flying out fast. I couldn't stop to help, but at least the guy waved . . .

For what it's worth, as a gay guy, I only know of one other of our kind in an E. He's a bear too, and his nick is Elementbear!

I absolutely love my E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferrum
04-09-2006, 01:21 PM
I typically see 2-5 E s daily around the Newbury Park/Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village area and they tend to be women and do not make eye contact. There are 2 businesses in TO that uses the E, one of them painted the E bright yellow and the other has their ads plastered on it. The bright yellow one really catches your eye. I've not spotted an EOC decal, but I only put mine up yesterday! I think we should have a 2nd decal design, maybe something simple with "EOC" on it for those members who don't want to put the current design on their E. I personally like it but I know that EOC members are so diverse in their taste and love the E for it's customizability, therefore an alternate way to identify themselves as EOC members is appropriate.

Big Fig
04-09-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm in the bay area right outside of Oakland. I see quite a few elements nowadays and they're 90% female. I had a girl in a Rally Red rev her engine next to me at a stop light. I would have raced her too but I think red is faster.

fishlee
04-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I wonder, how many of the women E drivers also carry gigantic purse's?
I'm a old boy scout and keep all my stuff in a back pack; camera, GPS, Eating utensiles, flash light, and camping/head light, duc tape, work ID, address book, water bottle, cell phone, calculator, pen and paper, key's, first aid kit, bug repellant, check book, current bill's and stamps, and my lunch for the day :shock:

RealWheels
04-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Many times I am on PCH in Huntington Beach just east of Golden West. I always see a few Elements parked there. In general, I see a lot of E's in HB, with an even mix of men and women behind the wheels.

franknspud
07-10-2006, 04:58 PM
But, we heard the same thing about 'women' being the targeted drivers of the Element. It doesn't seem to be the case. We see guys (30-40 somethings) driving them 90% of the time.

A D NOH
07-15-2006, 01:29 AM
I see either older men or women driving. This is pretty good because it will keep the element on the low down. I have a civic hatchback as well, and talk about people judging books by their covers!

A guy came into my work and after a bit of a conversation I learned that a few of the doctors he works with have elements :)

edit: I just saw some camping pictures and saw that the men are middle aged.. It's neat to see 'older' people enjoying the Element. It seems like all that market research for younger college appeal ended in a mature likeability

SheDevil
07-27-2006, 06:17 PM
:D Female here....cool car...no big purse...but you'll see my kayaks or surfboards up a lot. Like I said in another post...I could be naked and do the watoosie behind the wheel of my old Tahoe....in this car I can't even scratch my...well...you know.

Miss Ellie & Co.
07-27-2006, 06:37 PM
:D Female here....cool car...no big purse...but you'll see my kayaks or surfboards up a lot. Like I said in another post...I could be naked and do the watoosie behind the wheel of my old Tahoe....in this car I can't even scratch my...well...you know.

I am sure there are some dudes as well as a few dudettes here who could help you with that watoosie dance problem.

StevieSegel
07-27-2006, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=fishlee]I wonder, how many of the women E drivers also carry gigantic purse's? [QUOTE]

OK....that's me!
Didn't used to be....
....but once you have a baby, you have to pack like a Sherpa guide!!!!
:shock:

jamx
10-15-2006, 04:13 AM
I see about 4~7 Elements each day while driving to and back from work and miscellaneous errands.

About 8 out of 10 times its a female driver. Does anyone notice the same thing? :cool:
:confused:

jesusbracho
10-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, Some guys told me " that's a chick car " and I always said: Yes it is...Don't you see me with a chick in it all the time???

ronatkcrw
11-04-2006, 12:52 AM
I drive the the 405 through the mighty Sepulveda pass every morning. I see, at least, a dozen Elements a day. I haven't had even one person wave at me. Most of the drivers seem to be 30 to 45 year old men with some form of facial hair configuration. To be fair, that includes me. There are, including my wife's and mine, 6 Elements within two blocks on our street in Burbank. Most of the E drivers in Burbank seem to be women. My wife waves to me.

-Ron

dparrothead1
11-04-2006, 08:12 AM
I drive the the 405 through the mighty Sepulveda pass every morning. I see, at least, a dozen Elements a day. I haven't had even one person wave at me. Most of the drivers seem to be 30 to 45 year old men with some form of facial hair configuration. To be fair, that includes me. There are, including my wife's and mine, 6 Elements within two blocks on our street in Burbank. Most of the E drivers in Burbank seem to be women. My wife waves to me.

-Ron
I think that's really cool Ron, my wife just usually shoots me the bird.

Jet
11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
OK, I drive from TO to No Ho every morning and the 10 -12 E's that I see are always Men, Very successful looking Men who don't necessarily wave but do acknowledge. A kinda "What a nice "E" type of acknowledment". I also notice that they try to catch up and get right on my Ass. I assume they are trying to read My EOC sticker. Then after 9 AM I start seeing the Ladies driving around Burbank, Studio City, No Ho. and you're right they never wave or acknowledge anything. I think maybe the Cell Phone gets in their way. :cool:

ronatkcrw
11-05-2006, 11:44 PM
OK, I drive from TO to No Ho every morning and the 10 -12 E's that I see are always Men, Very successful looking Men who don't necessarily wave but do acknowledge. A kinda "What a nice "E" type of acknowledment". I also notice that they try to catch up and get right on my Ass. I assume they are trying to read My EOC sticker. Then after 9 AM I start seeing the Ladies driving around Burbank, Studio City, No Ho. and you're right they never wave or acknowledge anything. I think maybe the Cell Phone gets in their way. :cool:
The cell phone issue is not exclusive to Element owners, though. It's not exclusive to women either. I wish people would just get off the phone and enjoy driving their E's. Ah, well. On another note, I have yet to see an Element Owners Club sticker outside of this website.

jdiane
11-05-2006, 11:56 PM
If any of you socal peeps want to see more EOCers- male and female- join us at the Death Valley camping trip http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28098

You can see some EOC stickers, lots of cool mods, UFOs, and bongos around a campfire...:)