Any engine noise from AUX Input Devices? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Any engine noise from AUX Input Devices?

dougup
02-16-2003, 09:26 AM
A lot of folks have had trouble installing SkyFi XM Radio in other cars due to engine noise when using an AUX Input. Basically when the car is at high revs, there is a whining in the audio. Adding a simple noise filter fixes it.

But that was with OTHER cars, what about the Element? Anyone have any trouble with engine noise over the audio on their AUX Input devices??

Thanks...
Doug

georgeyew
02-16-2003, 10:28 PM
I hooked up my laptop with DVD into the AUX Input and it was fine. But when I connected the DC to AC Inverter to and plugged the laptop in to the inverter, I got major alternator noise. It was better after I turned the trebel all the way down, but still could hear a little whine. Is there an in-line noise filter available and where can I get one??

George

dougup
02-17-2003, 04:23 PM
You can get a "ground loop isolator" from Radio Shack along with an RCA-Mini converter and you're set. About $20. Here's the link to the Ground Loop Isolator on their site.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F002%5F001%5F019%5F008&product%5Fid=270%2D054

We had the same problem with the Delphi in our Trooper. Basically if you're using AC plus Aux Input, you get the engine whine on most cars, but not all. I haven't tried on the Element, but sounds like it might be the case there as well. The ground loop isolator fixed the problem easily. Just lots of extra cables. :(

DougUp