Add another AMP\\SUB woofer [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Add another AMP\\SUB woofer

mortaaay
06-06-2003, 01:24 PM
Is it possible to add another Amp and Sub Woofer to the stock element Stereo system... Is there Another RCA Jack for the extra Amp,,,if not what options are there to do this?

Thanks

gstyper
06-06-2003, 11:19 PM
I am also wanting to do the same thing, add another amp+sub. I think it should be pretty easy. Either by splicing the wires from behind the stock head unit or by going from the factory amp. I'm sure someone on this board has some input on how this can be done.

momome
06-07-2003, 04:02 AM
In order for you to add another amp, you have to get a line output converter and connect it to your rear speaker wires, which I did from behind the head unit. From what I have been told, the line out put converter lowers the signal to where the amp can be used. Works fine. Got mine from tweeters at about 20.00

eMass
06-07-2003, 09:21 AM
[quote:e8451ea309="momome"]From what I have been told, the line out put converter lowers the signal to where the amp can be used. Works fine.[/quote:e8451ea309]

Exactly!
There is a small gain control set screw on the line level converters that allow you to adjust the line signal so that the amp doesn't get too loud a signal. It allows you to blend it better into the overall audio sound.