Ipod cables question! [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Ipod cables question!

mbalasi
06-16-2003, 01:05 PM
I am planning on hooking up an Ipod in my new Element.

Question: How many cables do I need? I ordered the Belkin charger with audio
from Apple, do I also need the male to male cable? Do they make them in white?

Ipod users, please advise. Any other Ipod info I need to know?

Staggie
06-16-2003, 02:44 PM
Love my iPod! Even if it is a "classic" model :(

I bought a cable from Radio Shack for $4 (6-foot) so I could keep my iPod in the storage armrest so I could get to it. They also had a really short cable if you'll be keeping it on the dash so the passenger can get to it. No white ones though.

eMass
06-16-2003, 02:47 PM
I believe you'll still need a 3.5 mm male/male cable to connect to the E aux jack - even with the Belkin unit.

I also believe that the Belkin has an audio out jack on the base that you plug into the 12volt adapter in the dash so you don't have to run a second wire all the way to the iPod.

And yes, there are white cable avaliable at the URL below. Too bad you can't get like a six inch one. That would be perfect to go from the 12v plug over to the aux jack in the E.

http://www.xtrememac.com/formac/audio_cables.shtml

mbalasi
06-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Great info on cables.

Any more Ipod advice or tips?

Thanks again.

eMass
06-16-2003, 03:30 PM
I always keep a 12v adapter/charger in my car but only pull it out when my jukebox is running low on batteries - which isn't too often since I take it in the house every night and it gets juiced up while connected to my CPU.

That way there's only a single wire running between the jukebox and the car which isn't too messy looking especially if you get one of those nice white cables. :D

Also, I make all sorts of playlists to suit my many different moods and tastes. This makes it easier to get to the type of music I want to listen to easily while driving. The only thing I have a hard time with is categorizing some artists into any particular playlist genre.

For example, should I put Ben Folds Five under upbeat, mellow, moody, goofy or angst? :lol:

spacemen3
07-05-2003, 05:44 PM
i have cables that will work....2 feet long...$4 shipped....email me if you want one....robert