Shopping for an MP3 player... [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Shopping for an MP3 player...

jdthird
06-18-2003, 11:34 AM
:?:

OK, since neither I, nor my dealer, knew the MP3/WMA player wasn't available on the EX, I'm now looking into MP3 players. The one I have I bought several years ago, little sony pencil thing with 64MB. Obviously, that won't work. Thus far, I've simply plugged my tablet PC into the aux input to play my MP3 / WMA files. Would prefer something more permanent than my tablet though. :)

Looking at the Archos 20MB as well as the creative labs nomad zen.

Benefits of the Archos is the drag/drop. Creative can do WMA files though, too. It'll be easy enough for me to re-rip my CD's that I did recently with WMA and do them as MP3's this time though, so that's not a huge thing.

I see the Creative Labs has non-replacable batteries - and only will be replaced under warranty (90 days) whereas the archos has rechargable AA batteries. Another bonus.

Anyone have any good first hand accounts they want to share about either of these? Ipod isn't really in my picture - price isn't an issue, but since I run a PC, I've read in reviews that the PC version has issues when you want to update new files when you sync it - it'll overwrite everything rather than just appending the files?

Thanks for any input.

John

wodock
06-18-2003, 01:32 PM
I bought the Archos Jukebox 20 gig player/recorder and love it. There has been a lenghthy thread somewhere in this group about MP3 players. Actually I think there is someone called pookster or something like that and his posts probably swayed me to the Archos. You may want to do a search through here to find his posts. I drive a lot - 4000 miles in little over a month on my Element - and I have found the MP3 player is great.

Thom Wodock
out in the Jersey sticks.

earlweaver
06-18-2003, 01:51 PM
I also have the Archos 20 gig player recorder. I have about 200 cd's in there and it is without a doubt the best accessory the Element could have. I do recommend updating the Archos Software with ROCK BOX Software. Rock Box has soo many more useful features than the stock software. Battery life is good at about 10 hours of play and it will take any Ni rechargable. I can't recommend this player enough !!!!!!! :lol:

eMass
06-18-2003, 03:10 PM
I have the 15 gig and love it but now that I've seen the AV300 - I have to have it instead. :lol:

http://www.archos.com/img/tmp/photo_n_video_to_go.png

jdthird
06-18-2003, 09:37 PM
Thanks guys. I just installed my keyless entry, armrest, and mud flaps today. My MP3 is on order now. Hopefully it's here by Friday. :)

Appreciate the help!

John