Emass need help on Alpine cva 1004 bypass install [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: Emass need help on Alpine cva 1004 bypass install

NightHawkELement03
06-20-2003, 10:50 AM
i have figured u would be the audio guru but i really need help. I just purchased a alpine cva 1004, audiovox din mounted dvd player and also a audiovox 10.2 flipdown for my E. i just purchased the wire harness from crutchfield and also a PAC tr7 which allows passenger to watch movie while i am driving. i have read a couple of ur threads about purchasing a Rca to line level converter and was wondering is thier a good one in perticular that u recommend and where did u purchase it. I also don't think i will be using my aux andmore cause the only aux plug coming out of the radio would be used for my dvd player unless I but a switchbox. am i correct. My question is on the back of the stock Ex radion thier three plugs. One is Aux(6pins) two is radio harness and I don't know the third is could u fill me and also if i was to use the rca to line converter what color wires would i be tapping into. Also have u ever installed the PAC tr7 cause its suppose to simulate the brake pedal sequence to deactivate the safely feature on the alpine radio.If u have install this before could u give me a heads up on how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated

jman1234
06-21-2003, 12:06 AM
Regarding the line level converter, I went to Best Buy and asked them for a "line converter" (at least, that's how they referred to it). They gave me one from InstallEdge.com(?) model #IEC HLC35+. They had another one that was more expensive with the difference being that the other converter could handle more watts. The way I saw it, I would be sending a pre-amplified signal from my RCA out to the OEM amp, so whether or not the converter could handle more watts was irrelevant. (Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong.) Anyway, that worked out fine in my case.

jman1234
06-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Check out this topic for more info on the 3rd set of wires found on the back of the OEM HU:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2636

eMass
06-23-2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks jman, that's the post I would have pointed him at. :D

Take care.