alarm ... honda vs. aftermarket ??? anyone ?....bueller ??? [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: alarm ... honda vs. aftermarket ??? anyone ?....bueller ???

spacemen3
06-20-2003, 11:49 AM
just wondering if people would like to comment what they like, dont like about the honda alarm system....

if those that have installed aftermarket, and would like to share any good systems and prices....i for one, would like to hear about my options......

and if anyone has found a nice aftermarket alarm and combo keyless entry system.....please share that also

:D

canyonero
06-20-2003, 01:27 PM
You are in luck (if you follow my advice :wink: ) I got an after-market alarm/keyless entry/remote starter/window tint for about $100 more then the Honda installed alarm/keyless entry only. I am very happy with it.

I live in the western Philly suburbs and had the work done at a place in Prospect Park (near the Airport, just off of I-95 & Blue route) The place is called Sound Waves. The phone # is 610-534-0668 ask for Jack (he has experience with the E install on mine and others) The web site is http://www.s-waves.com and it has a good FAQ about alarms, keyless entry, remote start and tint. There is also info about audio and video, etc. This place has IMPECCABLE references, they will tell you all about it when you visit.

Hope this helps.

StLouisPenguin
07-05-2003, 07:59 PM
I can't speak to the Honda keyless entry and alarm, as I do not have one.
I did however go to my local Circuit City and get a Viper Alarm and Keyless entry system and installation $150.....I couldn't beat this price even with going with H and A and doing it myself....I have had this installed for over a week now and I love it! No problems what so ever!

pedsflightrn
07-05-2003, 08:29 PM
I'm with Diane--Viper is the way to go.