JL [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: JL

chetster
07-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Hey emass, heard from JL Audio today, (thanks for the tip) things aren't going too well. The mold for the sub in the current location doesn't look to be the ideal spot. Do you have a suggestion for another site to "hide" a stealthbox? I may end up with the only one at the sub's current location DV says.....the tirewell is not deep enough. I am unable to view your pics of your system.

:(

eMass
07-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Yes - I do.

If I was JL I would consider between the front seats.

The center console is a pressure fit plastic tray that snaps around a lip on the floor pan.

If they build a carpeted box that can snap on to that lip in place of the plastic console, it would have 3 main benefits -

1. A better arm rest (which people seem to want anyway).
2. An ample sized location for a sub.
3. The wiring could be fed directly under the unit, under the floor liner making for a very clean install.

JL might want to consider that users should remove the stock armrest. They could manufacture a small trim piece to cover the hole cleanly after removal.

The other thing they could do is make a slightly raised cargo floor/ spare tire cover. This would allow people to keep thier spare but still have a sub. i doubt they'll do this however because of the size and cost.

chetster
07-18-2003, 05:19 PM
I'll pass on your suggestion when I meet with Don. As everyone says....

you da man!!! :lol: