2007 Galaxy Grey EX AWD AT [Archive] - Honda Element Owners Club Forum

: 2007 Galaxy Grey EX AWD AT

greggwisniewski
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Just purchased a 2007 EX AWD AT for my wife.

After dealing with a few dealers that wouldnt budge under 22,200 with no options plus tax an tags, I emailed Anderson Honda in Baltimore MD. Told them that i had the consumer reports pricing which states 21700 is invoice minus the 690 hold back leaving me with a bottom line price of about 21,000. Within a few hours the dealer replied back and said he would sell the car but it had mudflaps and tire locks on it. He quoted me at 21,131. Shocked, I told the dealer i am bringing my 2003 Matrix XR in to get appraised for the trade in.

So I went in saturday morning and he told me 6700 for my trade. I told him that another honda dealer quoted me 8000 for my trade (Which really was 7500). Also carmax was only willing to give me 6500 for the trade in. He went back to his manager and said i will give you 7500 for the car and knock another 500 of the price of the kiwi green with the flaps an locks. This brings the element to 20,600 and matches the best offer i had on my trade. I told him let me step away and think for a few.

While we are deliberating, she saw the galaxy gray with side steps roof rack and door visors on the showroom floor... After some negotiating we got the galaxy gray with the options already installed for 1000 more... I was really set on buying the options elsewhere and installing my self but then i figured how much im really saving by doing that and decided for the difference in money my time is worth more plus these are under warranty...

So far she luvs the E and we have since ordered the hood deflector and body side moldings. spoiler, fogs, and arm rest are next on the list.

Thanks to all for the postings on this site, I have been reading it for the last few months before we made our purchase.

Gritsbay
04-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the E family. I have owned my E for 6 months this week and I wish I had bought one sooner. It is the perfect vehicle. It sounds like you got a perfect deal! Enjoy.

Dial Tone
04-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on your purchase! I have the same except for the extras. Welcome to the club!